Herbalife Diet Newbie

Options

Replies

• ldrosophila
    ldrosophila Posts: 7,512 Member
    Options
    herballife is brilliant! i wish i had thought of the idea i'd be on an island right now.

Apparently coming up with some diet gimmick that people will believe is not that hard. Just make your broscience sound convincing.

You can do it - I believe in you!

LOL thanks!
  • dbmata
    dbmata Posts: 12,951 Member
    Options
    I'll work with you on it.

Aside from starting your own religion (*cough* L Ron), starting a diet scam is a way to make ridiculous amounts of money.
  • TenishaMallick
    Options
    nsuchy95 wrote: »
    Greetings!

I am new to the herbalife dieting plan. I am currently taking the F1 and Protein shakes (French vanilla) together, twice a day. I am allowed one colorful protein packed meal a day, usually dinner, and protein snacks in between. If any other herbalife users have any advise for me that would be great! I could use some recipes to jazz up my shakes, or if you know any high protein snack. I would also love to try new healthy dinner recipes!

Thank you!

Hi I'm a newbie too so we are in the same boat by the sounds of it would love to share progress, experiences etc
    I tried the shake with pineapple juice and coconut yoghurt yesterday that was nice, so try that if u haven't already & let me know what you think PLS feel free to share any tips & experiences with me
  • TenishaMallick
    Options
    She didn't ask anyone's opinion she asked for other people on the diet for their experience, I got the same kind of response when I posted, I will make up my own mind about the product once I've tried it until then I'm happy to see if it works for me & for some jus like myself money isn't the issue having the time to plan prepare cook and even eat 3-5 healthy meals/snacks isn't always possible & herbalife shakes are better than getting takeaway in my opinion but I may change my mind once I've been on it for a bit but I will let you know
  • lindseyrenee8
    lindseyrenee8 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Everyone's criticizing the financial aspect but not the health benefit and advice the poster inquired. Yes Herbalife has questionable business practices but their products are ok. I used the shakes a few years back. I mixed my vanilla and cookies and cream with soy milk and bananas. I lost weight but felt restricted. I binged and gained. since joining mfp, I don't feel restricted and I'm still loosing. I wouldn't use the shakes as my main weight loss method. I'm even thinking about buying a bottle on amazon so I can have every now and then when I don't feel like cooking or going out. Its a great meal replacement but gnc also has great ones to.
  • Alyssa_Is_LosingIt
    Alyssa_Is_LosingIt Posts: 4,696 Member
    Options
    Everyone's criticizing the financial aspect but not the health benefit and advice the poster inquired. Yes Herbalife has questionable business practices but their products are ok. I used the shakes a few years back. I mixed my vanilla and cookies and cream with soy milk and bananas.

Then why on earth would you not buy a cheaper protein powder (if you absolutely have to replace a meal with a shake) and take a multivitamin? Why support a company with questionable business practices? Why would you not spend all of that money on something else? Save up for a vacation? Go out to a nice dinner and a movie with your SO? Put it in a savings account? Send it to my house?

I will never understand people.
  • dbmata
    Options
    She didn't ask anyone's opinion she asked for other people on the diet for their experience, I got the same kind of response when I posted, I will make up my own mind about the product once I've tried it until then I'm happy to see if it works for me & for some jus like myself money isn't the issue having the time to plan prepare cook and even eat 3-5 healthy meals/snacks isn't always possible & herbalife shakes are better than getting takeaway in my opinion but I may change my mind once I've been on it for a bit but I will let you know

Scammed. lulz.
  • Alyssa_Is_LosingIt
    Options

People do not reply to these threads for the OP's benefit, because 99% of the time they either 1) only hear what they want to hear and dismiss the truth as "negativity" or 2) sell the product they are "asking" about.

People reply to these types of threads to save the lurkers from spending a ton of money on some crap powder they don't need.

Also, if Herbalife worked, really worked, as in cured obesity for life - no one would be obese and the inventor would have a Nobel prize.
  • TenishaMallick
    Options
    Everyone's criticizing the financial aspect but not the health benefit and advice the poster inquired. Yes Herbalife has questionable business practices but their products are ok. I used the shakes a few years back. I mixed my vanilla and cookies and cream with soy milk and bananas. I lost weight but felt restricted. I binged and gained. since joining mfp, I don't feel restricted and I'm still loosing. I wouldn't use the shakes as my main weight loss method. I'm even thinking about buying a bottle on amazon so I can have every now and then when I don't feel like cooking or going out. Its a great meal replacement but gnc also has great ones to.

personal experience. #yessss good to read this Thx personal experience not PERSONAL OPINION
  • dbmata
    Options

personal experience. #yessss good to read this Thx personal experience not PERSONAL OPINION

lulz, you don't know what you don't know, apparently. lol
  • Alyssa_Is_LosingIt
    Options
    dbmata wrote: »

I'm just going to start prefacing my responses to these threads with "I've done Herbalife (Shakeology/Body By Vi/wtfever)" and then list off all the reasons why it's crap.

Ten bucks says they still won't listen.
  • TenishaMallick
    Options
    Everyone's criticizing the financial aspect but not the health benefit and advice the poster inquired. Yes Herbalife has questionable business practices but their products are ok. I used the shakes a few years back. I mixed my vanilla and cookies and cream with soy milk and bananas.

Then why on earth would you not buy a cheaper protein powder (if you absolutely have to replace a meal with a shake) and take a multivitamin? Why support a company with questionable business practices? Why would you not spend all of that money on something else? Save up for a vacation? Go out to a nice dinner and a movie with your SO? Put it in a savings account? Send it to my house?

Because for some of us we have the joy of not having to save for a vacation, money isn't the issue here well not for us clearly if it is for you then fair enough maybe herbalife is out of your budget and therefore not for you or maybe you strongly dislike the product whatever your reasons I hope whatever you can afford or are doing works for you
  • Alyssa_Is_LosingIt
    edited March 2015
    Options

Because for some of us we have the joy of not having to save for a vacation, money isn't the issue here well not for us clearly if it is for you then fair enough maybe herbalife is out of your budget and therefore not for you or maybe you strongly dislike the product whatever your reasons I hope whatever you can afford or are doing works for you

Congratulations on all the cash?

money+girl+gif.gif

Even if I had the cash I'd much rather invest it in my childrens' education fund or save for retirement.

But who needs that, right?

*Edited to add: Just to be clear, I wouldn't buy from an MLM company like Herbalife if I had billions of dollars and a private jet.
  • dbmata
    Options

I'm just going to start prefacing my responses to these threads with "I've done Herbalife (Shakeology/Body By Vi/wtfever)" and then list off all the reasons why it's crap.

Most probably.

But some of them don't have to save for vacations... whatever that means. Lol. I don't have to save for a weekend in napa and dinner at the french laundry, but I will, why?

Because I'm an adult. Same reason I don't buy from mlms.
    lol
  • TheVirgoddess
    TheVirgoddess Posts: 4,535 Member
    Options

Too bad you can't buy a period.
  • dbmata
    Options

Tampax.
  • HeySwoleSister
    HeySwoleSister Posts: 1,938 Member
    Options

LIAR. Progesterone pills can be bought, not too spendy, too.
  • Alyssa_Is_LosingIt
    Options

Most probably.

But some of them don't have to save for vacations... whatever that means. Lol. I don't have to save for a weekend in napa and dinner at the french laundry, but I will, why?

lol

"I'm sorry you're not balling out of control like I am but I could go to Milan tomorrow if I wanted to so maybe you should just not do Herbalife since you aren't rich enough to bask in its healthy deliciousness!"
  • TheVirgoddess
    TheVirgoddess Posts: 4,535 Member
    Options
    I wanted to say punctuation, but there was a lonely little comma in there, so I would have been inaccurate.
  • dbmata
    Options

Most probably.

lol

"I'm sorry you're not balling out of control like I am but I could go to Milan tomorrow if I wanted to so maybe you should just not do Herbalife since you aren't rich enough to bask in its healthy deliciousness!"

True, I feel bad now. lol.