Fast Breakfast?

Options

Replies

• mistikal13
    mistikal13 Posts: 1,457 Member
    Options
    Make a batch of breakfast burritos during the weekend and freeze. Nuke em in the microwave in the morning and you're good to go. I also like to prep overnight oats the night before. All you have to do in the morning if stir and eat!
  • GoGoMary4
    GoGoMary4 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    My crunch time breakfast is; a serving of applesauce, chia seeds and whatever else I can grab like a fig or two or some nuts. Most days I try to have an egg and veggie omelet. I cut the veggies in bulk and keep them in a container in the fridge so I can get breakfast faster in the am.
  • wonko221
    wonko221 Posts: 292 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options
    prinler wrote: »
    How do you keep the eggs from sticking in your muffin tin? My tins are old, givin to me by my mom long ago. My egg muffins were a nightmare! I used some pam, what did i do wrong? Any help ladies?

I always give a light spritz of PAM. Then i let the eggs cool just a bit after pulling them out.

When i'm ready to start wrapping the sandwiches, a jab at the edge of an egg will tilt it in the tin enough to let me get the spoon under it and slide it out easily.
  • lindaloo1213
    lindaloo1213 Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    Take a coffee cup and rub coconut oil on the inside. Crack an egg, add mushrooms, green peppers, spinach, and sausage crumbles. Nuke for 1 min 30 sec. Sprinkle cheese on top and head out the door.

This is great. I do it all the time. Also i use frozen stir fry veggies (red and green pepper and onion) in this or bacon crumbles.
  • chasfound
    chasfound Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    How do you keep the eggs from sticking in your muffin tin? My tins are old, givin to me by my mom long ago. My egg muffins were a nightmare! I used some pam, what did i do wrong? Any help ladies?

Use cupcake paper liners.

• SMScooter
    Options
    1/2 english muffin, veggie cream cheese and a couple thin slices of ham
  • eseviour1981
    Options

Silicone muffin/cupcake cups - nothing's going to stick to those!
  • beckyvenero
    beckyvenero Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I keeo some instant oatmeal for when I need a quick breakfast. Pop a bag with 1/2 of milk (or water) in the microwave for 2 min. Finish getting ready. Spoon it into a disposable cup. Top with a little more milk (to make it a little runny, stir and head out the door. I sip on it on the way to work. The combo is really filling.
  • Hearts_2015
    Hearts_2015 Posts: 12,031 Member
    Options
    wonko221 wrote: »
    i take a muffin pan, and lightly spray it. i toss in a small spoonful of sauteed onions, bacon, and serrano peppers. In a separate bowl, i scramble a dozen eggs, then pour them over the 12 muffin molds. Finally, i sprinkle a little cheese.

Throw this into an oven-preheated to 350, and cook for 25 minutes.

I home-make english muffins now, because CHOMP. But you could buy pretty much any bread you like. Load the cooked eggs onto your bread of choice, then individually wrap the sandwiches in a paper towel, load em in a tuppe rware, and freeze them.

I always keep one or two sandwiches thawing in the fridge. When i get up each morning, i toss a sandwich in the microwave for 1.5 minutes, and head off for my shower. When i'm heading out the door, my sandwich is nice and hot and ready for my commute.

love this...gonna add this to my pre-made breakfasts.. thanks :)
  • Hearts_2015
    Hearts_2015 Posts: 12,031 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options
    Take a coffee cup and rub coconut oil on the inside. Crack an egg, add mushrooms, green peppers, spinach, and sausage crumbles. Nuke for 1 min 30 sec. Sprinkle cheese on top and head out the door.

so simple sounding.... gonna try it :) Thanks for sharing!
    Arianera wrote: »
    Pre-cook steel cut oatmeal and freeze in muffin-tin sized portions. Then microwave and go.
    Love the sound of this one too. So simple!

Looking forward to doing some pre-made breakfasts over the weekend.

Definitely eating eggs in the a.m now though, have a craving for them now!
  • Mari_Seattle
    Options
    Overnight oats are awesome. Mix equal parts old fashioned oats & milk of choice or yogurt (I like to use vanilla almond milk) top with your favorite fresh or dried fruit & nuts and pop it in the fridge overnight. (I do up to 5 days worth @ a time.) Great straight from the fridge, or warmed up in the microwave for about a minute. There are TONS of flavor variations to try!
  • svetlay
    svetlay Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    actually after long struggle with finding the right breakfast I opted for going to bed and waking up 2hrs earlier. That left time to cook a nice breakfast (15 min prep & clean up time, 10 min enjoy time), go to the gym, bike to work and still make it to work before 8.

As a lifetime night owl/ snooze button enthusiast the switch was actually surprisingly easy and I've always thought it was never an option.

My fave breakfast is an omlette(2 eggs, spinach, broccoli, thin slice of smoked salmon or turkey,no extra salt, tiny bit of butter or olive oil to not stick) + some fruit on the side (raspberries, pomengranate, kiwi). I actually wake up looking forward to it. My faster alternative is greek yogurt, chia seeds(hydrated with a tad.bit of honey/maple syrup) and whatever fruit is around. Both clock in at about 250-300-350 calories depending on the added extras.

The only weird part is that I get hungry way before lunch since I eat at 5:30, so I sneak in a pre lunch snack and have a late lunch. on the up side this schedule also naturally boosts activity levels(think about it, you're trading off 10pm couch time for a more active morning + time to cook, prep your lunch, go to the.gym, etc.).
  • janisvin
    janisvin Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    PowerBar Protein Plus bars are yummy! 210 cals high in protein and lower in sugar than a Cliff Bar.
  • steeheart
    steeheart Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    hard boil 2 eggs the night before and peel them. put em in a ziplock bag, salt and pepper them. by far the easiest breakfast ever. or scramble two eggs and put it in a romero tortilla(only 77 calories), with some hot sauce.
  • Btrflyl8e
    Btrflyl8e Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    We make this frittata every Sunday, then you just grab a slice and microwave for 1 minute. You can put whatever veggies you like in there! We've been making it with spinach instead of broccoli, and chopping up Canadian bacon instead of regular ham. So good.
    http://www.kalynskitchen.com/2013/12/slow-cooker-frittata-broccoli-swiss.html?m=1#more
  • catherinebgilbert
    catherinebgilbert Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I just make a smoothie in my nutribullet and take it with me to sip on. I don't have time during the week to sit and eat.
  • Pooshka2
    Pooshka2 Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    I make a blueberry breakfast parfait.

1/2 cup plain greek nonfat yogurt
    1/4 grape nut cereal
    1/4-1/2 cup frozen blueberries

I layer the ingredients (Yogurt on bottom, then cereal, then berries) in a plastic serving bowl with lid. By the time I get to work, the berries are thawed. I mix together and enjoy. About 200 calories.
  • richcres
    richcres Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    One packet of instant cream of wheat and toss in some frozen blueberries or raspberries. Takes literally only 2-minutes to make. The cream of wheat has 20 carbs, 3g of protein, zero fat, and only 100 calories.
  • kchezelle
    kchezelle Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    Quick and easy 2 ingredient banana pancakes
    https://kchezelle.wordpress.com/2015/03/06/eggs-banana-pancakes/
    8jpbr5cy79fu.jpg
  • Nuke_64
    Nuke_64 Posts: 406 Member
    Options
    An apple an cottage cheese--nothing to make.