Help!!!!

Options
so I'm on day 3 and doing well. My husband wants to make homemade pizza tonight!!!! Really!!!!! What do I do?!?!?

Replies

• LyssaJ1
    LyssaJ1 Posts: 240 Member
    Options
    Using Bing for search, I put this in the engine, "healthy recipes for homemade pizza" and bunches of recipes came up. Find one that is a healthier version of what y'all used to have and make it be the better option. It'd be better for everyone and it doesn't have to be miserable tasting. If he absolutely will not go that route, then you must take the bull by the horns for your own eating choices. Because my husband is a Type 1 diabetic, he abstains from the pasta I choose to make/have. It rather sucks because he loved my pasta dishes...but his blood sugars did not. Now, I tend to make 'barely enough' so that way he doesn't feel like he should kill-off the leftovers.
  • lisele03
    lisele03 Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    It CAN be done! I had pizza on Sunday and still came in under 1250 cals. Here’s what I do…. Log 2 pieces of pizza right now and then plan the rest of your day around it. I had a big yummy green salad w/ dressing to go with my pizza for lunch and then had a light dinner of salmon and coleslaw WITH a glass of wine. Did I WANT a 3rd piece of pizza? Yes, and if I had done more exercise I could have had more to eat. but I was pretty satisfied. The point is – don’t eliminate the things you love - just plan for them. I think it’s the only way to stay at this long term…. Good luck!
  • palmer2356
    palmer2356 Posts: 11 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options
    If you like Portobello mushrooms, you can use the mushroom caps as your "crusts". Little pizzas made on mushroom caps are delicious and healthy! Remove the gills and stem from the cap. BROIL THE CAPS ON EACH SIDE FOR 3-5 MINUTES. AFTER BROILING, PaT THE CAPS DRY. Place gill side up on a pan and add your sauce and toppings. Then bake as you normally would regular pizza. If your husband doesn't want his pizza on mushrooms then there are plenty of bread crust options for his own mini pizzas.
  • jsobole
    jsobole Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    You can have pizza - just be smart about it! Maybe make your own without cheese and piled with veggies?
  • keeponlaughing
    keeponlaughing Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    I second the portobello mushroom caps. It is super yummy:)
  • NikiChicken
    NikiChicken Posts: 576 Member
    Options
    Homemade pizza... yummmmm.... Homemade pizza is SUPER easy to fit in. You know exactly what is going into it, so you can easily track it. Bulk up on the veggies and lean proteins and lighten up on the cheese and you have a delicious, healthy pizza.
  • Of_Monsters_and_Meat
    Of_Monsters_and_Meat Posts: 1,022 Member
    Options
    What if I told you that you can eat pizza.
    IIFIYM Just make it fit into your daily goals.
  • shreddedtrooper
    shreddedtrooper Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    What if I told you that you can eat pizza.
    IIFIYM Just make it fit into your daily goals.

What if I told you this person is correct and you could have #carbsafterdark.

Yes I know hashtags don't work here but I choose when to use hashtags just like when I choose to eat pizza and/or carbs.

#carbivores

Pizza everyday all day. Pizza is life aside from Chipotle
  • 999tigger
    999tigger Posts: 5,235 Member
    Options
    What they all said- smaller portion plus alter what goes into your homemade pizza.
    -On a different point you are going to need a strategy for how you are going to deal with succh siruations in future. Ideally something your husband can know about, but in your journey ahead you are going to come across this siuation time and again so pick a stragey that suits you:

Portion control.
    Fitting it into your calorie allowance by making a lower calorie version.
    Allot calories to deal with it.
    Earn more calories by exercise.
  • tulips_and_tea
    tulips_and_tea Posts: 5,717 Member
    Options
    so I'm on day 3 and doing well. My husband wants to make homemade pizza tonight!!!! Really!!!!! What do I do?!?!?

I agree with 999tigger: you'll do the same thing on week 3, month 3, or year 3 IF you have a manageable plan now. Make sustainable changes that work with your lifestyle and you'll have a much better chance at long term success. What the plan is depends very much upon your individual needs: can you eat a smaller portion? Will that just make you want more? It is better to find a healthier alternative and cook both options as a family from here on out? Trial and error. Find what works for you.