Washington DC MFPers

Options
So where are the Washington DC area MFPers? If you are in the area, give a shout out. I Am Dan in Arlington Virginia.

Replies

• McBreezy8
    Options
    Hey there Dan! I'm Brea in Manassas Virginia!
  • drsdc63
    drsdc63 Posts: 612 Member
    Options
    Awesome Brea to get this thread started! I hope there are more
  • lakhena
    lakhena Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    I'm in DC proper, but my favorite coffee shop is in Arlington :smile:

Feel free to add me!
  • pinkpetals84
    pinkpetals84 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Alexandria, VA is in the house!!! Lol
  • drsdc63
    Options
    Now we have some momentum. Where do you get your coffee? Thanks DC area MFPers. Feel free to add me also.
  • lakhena
    Options
    Boccato, by the Whole Foods on Wilson Blvd. They have comfy couches. Love that place. Might stop by on Friday.
  • drsdc63
    Options
    That place has changed so much over the years. It was a small grocery store that added gelato and slowly the gelato/coffee/empanadas took over and no more groceries :-)
  • DarbiB
    DarbiB Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    @lakhena @drsdc63 Love Boccato! Have you all tried Northside Social in Clarendon?
  • drsdc63
    Options
    DarbiB wrote: »
    @lakhena @drsdc63 Love Boccato! Have you all tried Northside Social in Clarendon?

Yes I love it there. My wife and I go to the church across the street.
  • Spartanxi
    Spartanxi Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Columbia, MD is where I call it home !
  • mockchoc
    mockchoc Posts: 6,573 Member
    Options
    I have one of you on my friends list. I'll let him know about the post.
  • SyzygyX
    SyzygyX Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    I used to live in Arlington, right near Ballston, but I moved to SoCal a couple of years ago :smiley:
  • beets4us
    beets4us Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    On mission in Kenya until August but based in DC! I live in Dupont. I love Northside Social as well. I am also a big fan of the coffee at Soho.
  • lakhena
    Options
    Northside Social is yummy, but the place I miss most in that area is Ray's Hellburger. I used to lunch there all the time when I worked in the area. Five Guys and Shake Shack in Dupont just aren't the same.
  • MissFitAfrica
    MissFitAfrica Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    DC is in the house
  • treebee5
    treebee5 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    My family and I will be moving to DC in June. Keep up the conversation about places to go, we're thinking of renting in Falls Church.
  • drsdc63
    Options
    SyzygyX wrote: »
    I used to live in Arlington, right near Ballston, but I moved to SoCal a couple of years ago :smiley:

We have had so much snow and ice this last month, I wish I was in Southern California :-)
  • DarbiB
    DarbiB Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    lakhena wrote: »
    Northside Social is yummy, but the place I miss most in that area is Ray's Hellburger. I used to lunch there all the time when I worked in the area. Five Guys and Shake Shack in Dupont just aren't the same.

Have you tried Spike's Good Stuff Eatery near Eastern Market? Those are 100% my favorite burgers in the DMV, followed closely by The Counter in Reston Town Center.
  • drsdc63
    Options
    DarbiB wrote: »
    lakhena wrote: »

Have you tried Spike's Good Stuff Eatery near Eastern Market? Those are 100% my favorite burgers in the DMV, followed closely by The Counter in Reston Town Center.

I am totally taking my wife there next nice day we have.
  • drsdc63
    Options
    This is turning into a foodie board for DC. I love it!!!