Gaining weight now and previousLy lost a lot

I am 37 height 5' 4" weight 165. I weighed 236 in 2010 and lost it with exercise and dieting down to 145 now I'm packing back on the pounds. I previously could work out for longer periods of time now I can barely do 10 minutes. Sometimes 2 mins on elliptical is all I can tolerate. I am wondering what I can do to get back down to my comfortable weight of 145 - how many cals? Etc

Replies

• brookesdsu
    brookesdsu Posts: 47 Member
    What does MFP suggest based on the stats you entered?
  • Sued0nim
    Sued0nim Posts: 17,456 Member
    Eat less

Build up your activity stamina

You know what to do
  • 1400 cals but that Seems Like a lot for Me
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,151 Member
    rabbitjb wrote: »
    Eat less

Build up your activity stamina

You know what to do

+100000
  • Ugh I'm a stress eater and need to get rid of the junk in my house !!!!! Thanks
  • michelle_816
    michelle_816 Posts: 621 Member
    You can absolutely do this! You did it before :wink:

We have similar stories! I am close to 5'5 and got down to 155 lbs by the end of 2010. Gained most of it back between Fall of 2011 when I started a new job and Winter of 2014. Got back on track using MFP last March.

1400 calories may seem like a lot, but trust me, you are eating more than that now. Start out by logging a few days on MFP what a normal food day is like for you just to get an idea of where you are at. Be as honest as possible!

Then start eating at 1400 (I started at 1460 back in March of 2014), and you will see the weight drop off. If you are hungry, exercising and eating back some of the calories you lost doing so, will allow you to get a little extra food in :wink:

Good luck to you and feel free to "friend" me for support!
  • Thanks for that - made me feel better and I'm bad about trying to hide the junk food from my diary lol stupid.
  • Christine_72
    Christine_72 Posts: 16,049 Member
    lesliedebo wrote: »
    Thanks for that - made me feel better and I'm bad about trying to hide the junk food from my diary lol stupid.

Tut tut :wink:
    I've thought about doing that before. But it would completely skew my weekly deficit amount (I watch the weekly deficit more than the daily one), and I wouldn't have a clue where I was at. Which would annoy me more than seeing a few red numbers in my diary.