Need fast food suggestions for dinner. What do you think?

Options
Hi All,

I have about 800 calories left for dinner and need to stop and get something. I really don't have a taste for anything. Any suggestions?

Replies

• StaciMarie1974
    StaciMarie1974 Posts: 4,138 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options
    I don't know where you live - but I do eat a lot of fast food...

Subway: many options with or without cheese, double meat or regular, with or without chips depending on size of sandwich

Chick Fil A: grilled chicken sandwich + side

Zaxbys: any of their salads, depending on what you like. I usually do the blackened blue salad without fried onions, with light ranch is about 460 + 150 for the garlic bread.

Mcdonalds: grilled chicken wrap, I like the cucumber ranch one.

Wendys: chili, salads, baked potato, small order of nuggets to go along with any of the above

Dominos: 1/2 of an artisan pizza, or 1/2 of a medium thin crust with your choice of toppings - though I'd stick to 1-2 meats and regular cheese.

Or Waffle House - lots of things there though not necessarily 'balanced' in terms of food groups.
  • bryandynaxus3
    bryandynaxus3 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    I love the bbq bacon ranch salad from wendys!
  • Need2Exerc1se
    Need2Exerc1se Posts: 13,575 Member
    Options
    If you don't have a taste for anything, then I'd concentrate on making the meal as nutritionally balanced within the rest of your diet. I wouldn't waste calories on an unbalanced meal if I didn't really care what I was eating.
  • holly55555
    holly55555 Posts: 306 Member
    Options
    I never really eat fast food anymore but when I did here were my favs:
    • ChickFilA Grilled Chicken Sandwich (320 cal) with small waffle fries (310 cal)
    • Taco Bell Crunchwrap Supreme (540 cal)
    • KFC 2 Piece Meal (260 cal) with mac and cheese (170 cal), mashed potatoes (120 cal), and a biscuit (180 cal)

Now I'm hungry :(
  • StaciMarie1974
    StaciMarie1974 Posts: 4,138 Member
    Options
    Forgot about Taco Bell & KFC. Will sometimes pick up tacos, can fit them in my calories and they're good. Not as good as home made tacos, but still enjoy them. Not sure if KFC still has the grilled chicken? Have not been in a KFC lately.
  • JenniferInCt
    JenniferInCt Posts: 431 Member
    Options
    If I absolutely have to stop for fast food, i skip McDonalds. Ill try Dunkin Donuts or something for a coffee and a bagel with cream cheese. Dont think its much better calorie wise though. You should just get what you want, but smal sizes. Enjoy!
  • snowflake930
    snowflake930 Posts: 2,188 Member
    Options
    Veggie pizza from Papa Murphys. 800 calories is a lot, so you could probably have whatever you want.
  • mskinner1091
    mskinner1091 Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    I love Chic-Fil-A's grilled chicken cool wrap. Very filling & 340 cal. Leaves you room for their delicious soup too. Or a fruit cup.
  • Mapes84
    Mapes84 Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    Chipotle- just about any salad, rice bowl, or crispy tacos, hold the sour cream and cheese. Get guacamole or just lots of salsa instead of salad dressing.

Taco Bueno has the "Bueno Choice" menu or whatever, if you live somewhere that has Bueno.

Places like Jason's Deli, Corner Bakery, Panera, etc. depending on where you live- Jason's and Corner Bakery print calories on menu for healthy choices.

• spoonyspork
    spoonyspork Posts: 238 Member
    Options
    KFC still has the grilled chicken. But with 800 calories go for the good stuff!

Just calculated:

extra crispy drumstick, mashed potatoes, corn, and biscuit: 560 calories.

Swap out extra crispy for original breast (if you don't like dark meat): 790

Or grilled breast: 620

Or grilled drumstick: 490

Or grilled breast AND drumstick: 710

... yep, know what I'm having for dinner, at least! Thanks OP :D
  • angelexperiment
    angelexperiment Posts: 1,917 Member
    Options
    Panera has a new lentil quinoa broth bowl with egg is 330 cals with chicken is 420. Or a chicken avacado cobb salad half salad is 330.

Chick fila grilled chicken sandwhich I think is 430. Or the grilled chicken salad or the chicken salad sandwich is 330.

mcds saladsbut hold the tortilla strips or nuts (their nuts have added sugar)
  • malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,565 Member
    Options
    Wendy's Jr Bacon Cheeseburger plus a Caesar side salad comes in under 600 calories, especially if you skip the croutons
  • salco297
    salco297 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    thinks
  • CooCooPuff
    CooCooPuff Posts: 4,374 Member
    Options
    Order some Mcdonalds chicken nuggets (470 for 10, 280 for six) with or without fries (230 for small, 340 for medium) because I crave them when I'm sitting at home but always seem to forget about them when I'm out and about.
  • tbullucks2006
    tbullucks2006 Posts: 105 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options
    Just did the nutrition calculator for what I order at Chipotle and the bowl is 625 calories. I think I will do that if the line isn't too long.
  • SandyCoils
    SandyCoils Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    FYI - A large Chili from Wendy's is only 250 cals!!!! this is my go-to if I don't have alot of cals left for the day - plus it's high in protein and filling.
  • TCO76
    TCO76 Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    Goodscents- if you have one near you
    Chipotle
    Jimmy Johns
    Jason's deli
    Just a few that I like.