How many times have you been dumped in your life?

Options

Replies

• ccarlock08
    ccarlock08 Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    4? 1 time was out of nowhere (cheated/he found someone better I guess who ended up dumping him later on...) The rest were pretty mutual
  • Ria_StayingFit
    Ria_StayingFit Posts: 6,891 Member
    Options

I married my the second guy I ever dated and I dumped the first to go out with him. 19 years later I honk it may have been the right decision ;)
  • MissFitAfrica
    MissFitAfrica Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Once! And happened a few days ago :'(
  • MissFitAfrica
    MissFitAfrica Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Easier said then done!!! I don't want new candidates I want him :# But eh oh well it's life I suppose!

• pechepanda
    pechepanda Posts: 7,939 Member
    Options
    1, though maybe 0 since supposedly it doesn't count as being dumped when you forget about them for a few months....I disagree, but it worked out well.
  • IllBeBack1Day
    IllBeBack1Day Posts: 982 Member
    Options
    One time to be honest !
    She didn't like the idea of being separated for three months :)
  • SilverRose89
    SilverRose89 Posts: 447 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options
    _John_ wrote: »
    Twice. They were both idiots. Well rid.

:smile:

Why is the story never "they were amazing, but I just couldn't offer enough to maintain the relationship with them"?

Because they weren't amazing and what I had to offer would never have been enough. I have dated two guys who I really shouldn't have because they just weren't great people at that time. It just so happened those two were the two that broke up with me. They both just went from girl to girl and only wanted one thing.

My other relationships, they've been great. Even though they haven't always worked out, when they didn't it was a mutual decision and I've stayed friends with them.
  • SilverRose89
    Options
    Still, that, or something similar would speak better of a person about themselves and their pre-screening methods in their dating lives...

I cannot speak any better about my pre-screening methods used by myself back then. Because they were non existent. Both instances were extremely poor decisions and judgement on my part. :)
  • _John_
    _John_ Posts: 8,642 Member
    Options
    Still, that, or something similar would speak better of a person about themselves and their pre-screening methods in their dating lives...

I cannot speak any better about my pre-screening methods used by myself back then. Because they were non existent. Both instances were extremely poor decisions and judgement on my part. :)

fwiw...that wasn't an attack on you....just what you said brought up some general questions I had.
  • ernurse167
    ernurse167 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    once, but it only lasted about a month and she was back. Our 3 year anniversary is in May!
  • SilverRose89
    edited March 2015
    Options
    fwiw...that wasn't an attack on you....just what you said brought up some general questions I had.

No problem, not taken as such. But actually my comment did look a bit flippant and as if I thought they were idiots for dumping me. That isn't the case.

Edited, because I just cannot quote today...
  • chivalryder
    chivalryder Posts: 4,391 Member
    Options
    It doesn't really matter in the end.
  • BootCampC
    BootCampC Posts: 689 Member
    Options
    637 x by the same person
  • Screwedntattooed
    Screwedntattooed Posts: 238 Member
    Options
    Once
  • VeryKatie
    VeryKatie Posts: 5,937 Member
    Options
    0... maybe 1 but not by someone who was officially a boyfriend. I haven't dated many people though, so 0 isn't impressive.
  • yourradimradletshug
    yourradimradletshug Posts: 964 Member
    Options
    Enough to know that there sare a lot of a**holes out there! Still hoping to meet one of these "nice guys " that claim to be around here.
  • WarDamnJay
    WarDamnJay Posts: 1,916 Member
    Options
    4 or 5 but two of them were by the same girl!
  • IllBeBack1Day
    IllBeBack1Day Posts: 982 Member
    Options
    Enough to know that there sare a lot of a**holes out there! Still hoping to meet one of these "nice guys " that claim to be around here.

Sorry, i am taken :)
  • TheRoadDog
    TheRoadDog Posts: 11,793 Member
    Options
    I'm on my fouth (and last) marriage. I left my first wife. Numbers two and three dumped me.