Options
    Me too please
  • smokahontas_808
    Options
    Only 226 calories B)
  • kristen6350
    kristen6350 Posts: 1,094 Member
    Options
    I tend to put a bunch of veggies (really anything you like) and pre-cooked chicken in a pan with some Liquid Aminos and some Tamari. Then serve with rice and siracha. Usually under 300 calories for a ton of it, then add rice calories.
  • jgnatca
    jgnatca Posts: 14,464 Member
    Options
    Here's a great mix and match instructional set.

http://www.cookinglight.com/eating-smart/smart-choices/better-stir-fries
  • dottydotmarshall
    Options
    I marinate chicken breast strips enough for 4 in 1 tablespoon honey, 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar, 1 tablespoon soy sauce & 1 tablespoon sweet chilli sauce, fir a few hours!
    use any stir fry veg & cook in wok for a few mins add marinated chicken & the sauce cook for 4 mins add rice or noodles & cook for another few mins! Lovely sticky chicken in a stir fry!!
  • selenam336
    Options
    Stir Fry is actually a method of cooking, so anything goes as far as ingredients. All you really need is a quality oil that can take high heat, (coconut is a good one) a pan, spoon or whisk and high heat. It should only take 5 minutes or so of cook time, it's the prep that takes all the work, cutting your ingredients up. Start with cooking the meats first then add in the veggies in the order of how long it takes to cook them, keeping in mind you want many things to still have that fresh crunch to them.

Some veg ideas are onion, bell peppers, water chestnuts, broccoli, cauliflower, snap peas, carrots, zucchini, yellow squash, mung beans/sprouts.

Some different ideas, peanuts, cashews(my fav), various seeds...sesame, pumpkin, chia, some fruits could be pineapple, coconut, cranberry, mandarin oranges

To make a sauce, oyster or fish sauce is tasty though does tend to have high sodium so use sparingly, Hoisin is like a sweet sort of bbq, Siracha for heat, Bragg amino is a great alternative to soy, and things like pineapple juice or honey add a nice sweet touch. Any of those on their own or in combination as you like. Flavor with black pepper, garlic, ginger, clove, anise if you feel you need extra but generally you want the flavor the the veggies to shine without a lot of other overpowering flavors.

Serve over basmati rice, or rice noodles, or try cooking a scrambled egg into the mixture and eat as is.

Just some ideas.
  • betuel75
    betuel75 Posts: 776 Member
    Options
    Ive been making stir fry for lunch at work for over a week now. I have a non-stick wok, Use the no calorie spray rather than olive oil and use whatever veggies i feel like such as broccoli, carrots, mushrooms, snow peas, bell peppers, celery, zuchini, minced garlic, jalapenos etc. Put soy sauce or stir fry sause towards the end and perfect.
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,136 Member
    Options
    Only 226 calories B)

ummm that recipe calls for a pound of ground beef…are you saying 226 calories per serving or for the whole thing???