Lemonade diet

Options
Hi My name is santana, has anyone here ever successfully completed the master cleanse. Does it truly work and can you exercise will on the diet!

Replies

• kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    Options
    No, no, no.
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,136 Member
    Options
    No

unless your liver and kidneys have stopped working...in that case, get on dialysis ...
  • jenncornelsen
    jenncornelsen Posts: 969 Member
    Options
    this is not a good idea. not if u want the weight to stay off for more than 3 days.
  • Azexas
    Azexas Posts: 4,334 Member
    Options
    Oh heck no- http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/1159755/looking-for-a-detox-cleanse#latest

Your body doesn't not need a cleanse or a detox. That is what your kidneys and liver are for.
  • jenncornelsen
    jenncornelsen Posts: 969 Member
    Options
    i tried a juice only diet in desperation. yup i lost bout 7 lbs is 3 days. but i was sick. and sore. and it came back in a week. i will never do something like that again
  • Sued0nim
    Sued0nim Posts: 17,456 Member
    Options
    Hi My name is santana, has anyone here ever successfully completed the master cleanse. Does it truly work and can you exercise will on the diet!

Hi Santana

No it does not truly work

Because cleanses are bollox

Hope that helps
  • gettinthere
    gettinthere Posts: 529 Member
    Options
    Keep in mind many people on the internet with different opinions. If you search the boards, you will find this topic discussed several times.
    With that being said, I have tried the master cleanse in the past, many years ago, and it did not work well for me. I couldn't really get past day 4 without feeling starved, irritated and miserable!!
    Good luck with your goals!
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,867 Member
    Options
    orderbutton2.gif
  • Strawberrie88
    Options
    Thanks everyone for the feedback
  • Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    Options
    Don't do it to yourself. Seriously/.
  • Strawberrie88
    Options
    lol I haven't had the hunger pains yet I wonder if it's because I was already restricting calories before... If all else fails weight wise my face seems much clearer then before...
  • Hornsby
    Hornsby Posts: 10,322 Member
    Options
    It's a waste of time and will give you no benefit. I'm not one to torture myself when there is no reward at the end.
  • rbiss
    rbiss Posts: 422 Member
    Options
    No
  • Strawberrie88
    Options
    I was hoping to find a better way then medication I was on Rx Adipex lost 65 in 3months most of it can back Im looking for a better way this time...
  • Azexas
    Azexas Posts: 4,334 Member
    Options
    how about counting your calories? This website is pretty good for that.

There is virtually no love on these forums for detoxes and cleanses because they do not work and are not needed.
  • Hornsby
    Hornsby Posts: 10,322 Member
    Options
    I was hoping to find a better way then medication I was on Rx Adipex lost 65 in 3months most of it can back Im looking for a better way this time...

Well, the master cleanse isn't it. You should count your calories and work on a plan you can stick with long term. That's the only way the weight will stay off WHEN you get there :)
  • Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    Options

Sweetie, the better way is to forget quick fixes and go for something that you can do for the rest of your life. I have lost and regained up to the same 80lbs at least 5 times in my life. Mostly becvause I went for shake diets, restriction diets, pills, potions and programs. The only thing that stayed lighter was my wallet.

I joined MFP 2 years ago and really committed last January. I'm 24kg down, and I've changed my life. I'm not on a diet, I'm implementing life lessons in a sustainable, sensible way which I can keep up for life. I still have fast food, chocolate, treats and everything I love, I've just learned to fit it in.

The key to a better way is to stop looking for quick fixes, jump starts or magic solutions.
  • Strawberrie88
    Strawberrie88 Posts: 9
    edited March 2015
    Options
    Thanks guys I no this is totally great advice. I'll start working on calories counting and better eating habits... Just really frustrating when the results are slow... :neutral_face:
  • AquabearGO
    AquabearGO Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    Yes, Im going to do it too!!! I know it works cause Dr. Oz said so on his show. A word of advice: While doing the Cleanse, make sure to fit in at least 3 hours of exercise a day, drink 65 oz of water a day, take 300mg of Raspberry Ketone every hour and only consume Lemons sprinkled with Cinnamon, hot pepper flakes and maple syrup. You can lose up to 5 pounds a day!!!!! ( Results will vary for each person) And if you sign up today.....if you only lose 4 pounds a day, they make the extra pound FREE! Cant beat that! CALL NOW! Operators are standing by..................(see where Im going with this?)
  • Strawberrie88
    Options