Help

Options
I was really good all day today and ate healthy. Since I have gotten home, I can not stop eating. I feel like a PIG

Replies

• Forty6and2
    Forty6and2 Posts: 2,492 Member
    Options
    Well, first things first-- don't beat yourself up too badly. Wake up tomorrow and do better.

Secondly, this *could* be a symptom of you not eating enough throughout the day. Can you give your stats? Your weight, goal weight, calorie goal and how many you've eaten today? This will help us help you more
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,151 Member
    Options
    Prelog your days to incorporate snacks in the evening. Also, make sure you're getting plenty of protein and fats in your diet.
  • ernurse167
    ernurse167 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    I find that exercise curbs my appetite. After my Crossfit in the evening, I pretty much have to force myself to eat anything.
  • 999tigger
    999tigger Posts: 5,235 Member
    Options
    You might also want to elaborate why you think you are eating and cant stop? is it hunger, boredom, inability to say no to tempting food? If its a one off then I wouldnt worry, it its going to be a pattern, then you need to look deeper.

Drink some water see if its not thirst rather than hunger.
    If its actual hunger then you need to look at your allocation of calories as well as what you are eating.

At some stage you will need to start helping yourself by acting on the advice people give you.
  • mitch16
    mitch16 Posts: 2,113 Member
    Options
    Do you restrict yourself pretty heavily during the day? I found that if I did that, during my ride home I would fantasize about all of the different foods at home and then gorge myself. I usually try to have a snack, even just a granola bar in the car, at the end of the day to take the edge off my hunger. Also, having a big glass of water or sipping on green tea keeps your mouth busy until you can stop and think about what you're actually going to eat for dinner. Or go for a walk!

It's only one day--don't let it throw you too far off and get back on track tomorrow!
  • BCUONZO
    BCUONZO Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    I get like this if I wait to long to eat or miss a meal throughout the day. I currently eat 5-6x a day and waiting even an hour longer makes me ravenous. This is all about finding what works for you, so don't be afraid to mix things up. If you are currently eating 3 meals a day try switching to eating 5 smaller meals. If you are eating 5 smaller meals, try doing three larger. Also make sure you are drinking your water.
  • maryamn4
    maryamn4 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Thank you everyone. Lots of good ideas. I think I need to eat healthier snacks between meals.