Purity Products OJC Juice Cleanse

Options
I was curious to know if anyone tried this? I clicked on one of their banner ads here. For $4.95 shipping I got a sample and a shaker cup. A good deal, I thought, and who couldn't use another shaker cup. What I didn't know (didn't read the fine print) was that it signed me up for a recurring 3 month supply for $136.

They were cool about returning the product, unopened of course, because I felt I never ordered it in the first place. So buyer beware! They did sound like a good customer-service driven company though. I'll just see how long it takes to get my refund...

For the record, I didn't care for it anyway.

Replies

• Nony_Mouse
    Nony_Mouse Posts: 5,646 Member
    Options
    Always read the fine print...

And FYI, 'cleanses' are a scam.
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,150 Member
    Options
    Your body does this for you automatically. You've been taken.
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,622 Member
    Options
    Cleanses are scams and sold to those who may be desperate to lose weight. Unfortunately there isn't much the FDA can do about it since they are under the protection of the DSHEA. Unless there are ingredients that actually cause health issues, any seller of any cleanse can advertise what they want unless challenged.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png
  • hal1964
    hal1964 Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    Yes to reading the fine print. If you can even see it, which I didn't. It was light green on dark green and at the bottom of the web-page. No excuse. I do know better. Yes to also that cleanses are scams. A persons liver does a fine job on it's own.

The point to my post was to inform and hopefully no one else fell into my trap. I was fooled once but not again. So I am better for the experience.