320 pounds on 1,700 a day?????

Options

Replies

• ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,139 Member
    Options
    It depends on what your eating!
    If you eat the right foods and drink at least 2L of water a day you won't free staving by night time.
    I've starting eating healthy again on Sunday and I always make sure I am full after a meal and that my meals are high in fibre.
    In the morning I have porridge with a cup of green tea. Before I head to work.. (depends on my shifts, I'm on the lates this week.) I have swede and carrot mash with some chicken and an apple. At about 4 ish I have a some soup and at about half 8 I have a tuna salad and some strawberries and blueberries with low fat geek yogurt and a little chocolate sprinkles. But the main thing is... you have to tell your worth it'll be worth it in the long run and your body doesn't need the food.
    I nearly caved at work today, I work in a supermarket and im surrounded my junk food and chocolate... but I walked away had a glass of water and some fruit tea.
    I know it's hard but like I said before it'll be worth.
    If your eating because you'd bored find something to do! I've notice I now have energy when I get in from work at 11.30 so do some cleaning, sort out my meals for the next day, watch a bit of Netflix and then head to bed.
    Hope this helps :smile:

ignore this ..

right foods don't matter..

calorie deficit does….
  • ditsyblond17
    ditsyblond17 Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    I'm going to send a friend request. Not because I do everything right (I wish) but because we aren't too far off in weight, I am at 1710 a day (280 set to lose 1.5 a week) and I am honestly not hungry. Maybe we can share ideas. I have lost 16.5 lbs in 67 days and I'm not miserable. We can get you there too!

I would very much love to have you as a friend.
    kaspatore wrote: »
    On a different note, the problem I see is the mental side of this. You say that you "can't" overcome your binges and that you "can't" lose weight. But your body absolutely can! Your body is going to do what it's supposed to do. What you said about this being mental is 100% correct. Nothing bad will happen to your body if you don't binge. It sounds like you need a support system and add in some positive self- talk. If you need more help, speak with a professional about the mental side of this, because your body is completely able to lose the weight. You just gotta get your brain on board.

Also- get rid of the food in your house that you are binging on! Step 1! If it's not there, you can't eat it!

YOU CAN DO THIS! I BELIEVE IN YOU!

Everything you said is dead on. I am boxing up the bad stuff and donating it tomorrow. I just thought because my boyfriend needs more calories 3,500 a day for loss, we need things besides just veggies. He would NEVER be able to eat his macros with just healthy foods. But, I am not at a physical job and he's taller than me. I appreciate your support. I CAN do this. mentally, it's wearing me Doan because this same problem has occured for the last 5 days. Every day, I try a New technique. Eating more frequently, absolutely eating breakfast, 3 rounded meals, more fiber, more water, etc. Each day, I still eat more than my calories allow.
  • cynthiamm67
    cynthiamm67 Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    I started at 262 and I'm very short so my original goal was around 1500. What I discovered FOR MYSELF is that white sugar/flour things were very easy to binge on. I couldn't have a small serving, that wasn't possible for me. Ultimately I decided to give up flour entirely (it does bad things to my stomach). I miss it still, but it eliminated my binge eating cravings pretty much entirely. YMMV, but it's what is working for me.
  • countscalories
    countscalories Posts: 418 Member
    Options
    Just another point of view: I weighed 256 lbs at the start of 2014. I'm only 5' tall (female), so you can imagine how heavy I was. I, too, like to eat at night. What worked for me was not so much to increase my caloric intake during the day, but to rearrange things so I'm able to eat more at night. I know many folks will scream at this, but I'm not a breakfast eater. Lunch is usually a little broccoli or other filling, low-cal vegs. I save the serious stuff for dinner and beyond. I've lost 105 lbs. so far, and have never felt better. I get the nutrition I need, just in a different order from many people. And I no longer have to worry about a "binge" in the evening. If I want to eat after dinner, it's OK. Funny thing, now that I've given myself permission to eat this way, the cravings for late-night carbs have been tamed. I'm now even able to plan for a slight calorie surplus for dining out. This works for me. If it works for you, great. If you opt to add more calories to your day, great. All that matters is that you are happy, healthy, and pleased with yourself. Good luck!
  • Forty6and2
    Forty6and2 Posts: 2,492 Member
    Options
    Counter to what some others are saying, I'm going to suggest not demonizing any food. Are there foods that do less for making your body healthy than others? Absolutely. Will those hinder your weight loss? Quick answer: no. If you remain in your deficit, you can eat what you want and lose weight. You might feel sluggish and otherwise off if you eat 2000 calories of twinkies, but it won't hurt your weight loss. I would suggest not cutting out anything you love completely, just cutting down.

Seriously, I've lost 40 lbs and I eat pizza, ice cream, pop tarts, take out, etc. I didn't cut out anything, just cut it all down to a more reasonable portion
  • ditsyblond17
    Options
    misslisamo wrote: »
    Nothing to add in terms of calories (except that I am with the others who feel you should add more calories daily...I think it will help with weight loss and curb the feeling/biological need of wanting to binge) but just wanted to say how AMAZING I think you are for asking for help and opening yourself up in several different ways...most importantly emotionally. Tons of "fit" people (who think they have all their poop together just because they look a certain way on the outside) can't do that. You rock.

You are so sweet! I am way too far emotional for Your nice comment today. Haha. I am in tears yet again! Thank you for saying that.
    Briefly looked at your diary. It's GREAT that you are logging, and kudos to you for logging even less than ideal choices. That kind of honesty with yourself is important!

One area that I think will help you is if you can try to eat more whole foods and less fast food. I just find that I don't feel satiated on fast food like I do when I eat some protein plus veggies.

Thank you as well for saying such kind words. I was afraid to allow people to see my diary, but at the end of the day, I'm fat. I know how I got here, so do other people. Just need to address it and move on. I wish I could just defeat this. I would love to add you both as friends??
  • debubbie
    debubbie Posts: 767 Member
    Options
    Add me as a friend and you can peruse my diary to see if you can get some ideas of what you may like to eat that will help to keep you full. You will also see that they are days like today that I choose not to be under my calories (a friend made homemade chocolate fudge with nuts and yes I ENJOYED it a little too much!) Tomorrow is a new day!

You can also hit me up for some ideas to sneak veggies into your day as I am not a huge veggie fan, but I have gotten way better. lol
  • mamadon
    mamadon Posts: 1,422 Member
    Options
    sympha01 wrote: »
    I used to weigh 335+ and have lost half my bodyweight. So here's some heart-to-heart advice.

1. The beginning of your diet is the hardest part. So congratulations, you took that big step! It's hard, but from here it only gets easier with time. Hand to heart, I'm not lying. IT ONLY GETS EASIER. So stick it out.

2. So ... you need to let some time pass. However hungry you feel, examine that sensation. Learn to pay close, mindful attention to your body's signals. Don't just react to them. You'll start to notice things like different KINDS of hunger, that require different interventions (sometimes you just need to drink something; sometimes you can just ignore it and wait for your next meal to come up; sometimes eating a light high protein/fiber snack is what you need, etc.). Also, you may very well find that your hunger is a short-term thing. It's not unusual for those of us who are morbidly obese to have hunger signals that are very weird, and seem to wax and wane for no reason. I'm not an expert, but I'm told it has something to do with hormones produced by bodyfat, and also from hormones produced from burning bodyfat. In my case, I often find that I'm hungry for about 2 weeks, then everything settles for a while until I make an adjustment to my diet or workout plan. Then I'm hungry again for 2 weeks. It's weird, but once I recognized the pattern it was a lot easier to deal with.

3. As long as you are in fact actually eating (1700 calories sounds okay assuming you're sedentary, though personally I'd recommend a higher goal like 2000), it's okay to feel hungry. You're eating at a deficit -- of course you're hungry. It doesn't mean there's something wrong. It doesn't mean u gun die. Relax.

4. You're probably going to need to experiment carefully to find what works for you over the long term. Everybody is a little different in what triggers them to overeat, what makes hunger worse, what makes it go away. The balance of fiber, protein, fat, and carbs is where it's really weird. Most people find that getting a larger proportion of calories from protein, and a reasonable amount from fat, helps a lot. 100g of protein sounds good -- it would not hurt to eat more protein if you can though. Also, looking at the carbs in your diet, work out the proportion of those that are fiber. Then try to raise that level! For most people, getting about 10% of their carbs in fiber form is a good start. More is better if your system can handle it. Personally I get 20%, but then I happen to really like a lot of high fiber foods like beans and fruit.

5. 1700 is very aggressive. Think about how worn down you're going to feel mentally as well as physically from that. Just because being obese means you can "afford" to lose aggressively at first doesn't mean it's a good idea. If you have a lot of weight to lose, of course it's totally normal to want your "diet" to be over as fast as possible and want to rush it. But let's be honest, even if you do successfully lose aggressively, you're going to be working at this for a long time. Do you want to be miserable the whole time? Trust me, your mindset now is totally different from where it will be in a few months, if you stick with it. There comes a point where you realize that dieting aggressively and being miserable for 12 months sucks way, way harder than dieting moderately and still enjoying your meals for 24 months does. And also, seriously, once that first 40 lbs is off (if not sooner) you're gonna feel SO GREAT. Don't sabotage yourself by making yourself so miserable that you can't sustain it.

This is great advice. I remember my first few months, I felt like I wanted to gnaw on my own arm, espicially at night. The truth is you are eating less, so you will be hungrier. It does get better and easier though,it just takes some time to get used to. Listen to all this great advice from the other posters, but realize it does take some time for your body to eat less.

• BodyByButter
    BodyByButter Posts: 563 Member
    Options
    Girl there is no place I would rather be than Chic Fil A. I just know for me (and only speaking for me), I am happier if I'm not always hungry, and if I have X number of calories to spend on a day I try to stuff as much volume as I can in so I try to eat for satiety. Bang for the buck so to speak. I have a lot to lose and keeping myself from being miserably hungry is the only way I can see to the end.
  • AyaRowan
    AyaRowan Posts: 80 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options
    I was 303lb when I started on MFP and I think I ate around 1650 calories or so, it's been a while so I can't remember. For people who are used to eating so many more calories than their body needs, cutting out that many at once can throw off your body. It needs time to adapt to having lower amounts of calories and to eating less amounts of food. I'm 222lb now, that's 96lb down from my highest weight of 318lb back in 2007.

My suggestions:
    1) Cut your deficit in half for one to two weeks to give your body an adjustment period. Set it to lose 1lb a week instead of 2lb's a week. Go down to losing 0.5lb a week if you have to--any deficit is better than no deficit. After you start feeling better about staying within your calories, up your goal.

2) Don't DRINK your calories. So many people just starting out don't realize just how many calories they drink throughout the day. Coffee with creamer and sugar, sweetened tea, sodas, even fruit juices. Any calories you drink rob you of calories you could eat, which would be far more filling. If you really want to drink a snack or breakfast or have a sweet drink, an occasional green smoothie (fruits plus some veggies) is a good choice but only if it includes the FIBER of the fruit to help make it more filling and slow sugar absorption.

3) Don't spend too many calories on SUGAR. Technically you can lose weight eating only donuts and ice cream if you stay at a deficit, but you'll stay hungry constantly.

4) Eat FILLING foods. Protein, healthy fats (olive oil, coconut oil, etc), whole grains, and also fiber.

5) Drink lots of water. Not soda (not even diet), coffee, tea, but water. Water not only helps keep you full but it is also what keeps things moving in your body. It can improve your complexion, your digestion, your energy levels, and more. You can add things in to make it more tolerable but don't add things that add significant calories. I personally add fresh squeezed lemon juice to my water and a slight sprinkle of cayenne pepper. You can also use low calorie drink packets if you have to, but be careful if you have an artificial sweetener sensitivity like I do. I only get drink mixes made with stevia Crystal Light Pure and even then I use them in moderation.

Other tips/suggestions:
    1) You need a good balance of fiber, protein, carbs, and HEALTHY fats in order to avoid cravings. Everyone's balance is different and unique due to their genetics and body chemistry. Sometimes healthy fats like avocado or nuts can make some people feel satisfied, while some people need meat or fish for protein. And some people need carbs like whole grains or fruit to feel full.

2) Cook or "assemble" as many of your own meals as possible. Take control of what you eat and don't let the environment, work, or people around you control what you consume. If you know you're going out of town for the day and want to reduce the urge to grab fast food, take something with you that's either shelf stable or in a cooler. Going to work and don't have time in the mornings to make breakfast? Put together a salad in a jar (google it) the night before. When you make your own food, you can customize it to fit your needs.

3) Change your labels on your food diary to show your problem areas. If you're having problems with being hungry all the time, make your diary show your fiber intake. Fiber helps slow digestion down so that the food keeps you fuller longer and your body has adequate time to absorb nutrition. If you have trouble with eating too much sodium, add that so you can keep an eye on it.

4) Invest in a food scale and weigh your foods. You'd be surprised how inaccurate your food diary can be without one. Take potatoes for example. If you get a potato out of a bag of russets and bake it, how do you log it? Many food entries say one medium potato is a serving size. But is the potato you pulled out a medium one? Often if you weigh them, that potato's over 1.75 servings of one medium potato instead of just 1 serving. For such a calorie dense food like potatoes, that's a significant difference.

5) Don't deprive yourself of everything you love. That's a good way to fail quickly due to cravings. Allow yourself the things that you love from time to time (not once a day), a good cheeseburger for example. But plan it into your calories. If you know you're going to want a burger later, or a donut, or something equivalent then eat lighter the rest of the day. Eat more low calorie foods to balance out the high calorie foods. And if you do go over your calories, then just log it anyway. And the next day go right back to eating your calorie goal without stressing over it.

6) View your change as a lifestyle change, not a "diet." Diets end. People reach their goal, go right back to their bad habits, and gain it back. Lose weight in a way you see yourself continuing forever. I thought I'd never lose weight. I thought about it so many times growing up, I'd make plans and not do them. But once you get started, once you start losing bit by bit it stops seeming impossible.

You can do it! Don't give up and don't get discouraged. Be strong and take it one day at a time. If you falter, that's okay, just try to meet your goal tomorrow. As long as you're having a deficit on average, you'll start to see progress over time and see vast improvements in your life.
  • 999tigger
    999tigger Posts: 5,235 Member
    Options
    ndj1979 wrote: »
    If you eat the right foods and drink at least 2L of water a day you won't free staving by night time.
    I've starting eating healthy again on Sunday and I always make sure I am full after a meal and that my meals are high in fibre.
    In the morning I have porridge with a cup of green tea. Before I head to work.. (depends on my shifts, I'm on the lates this week.) I have swede and carrot mash with some chicken and an apple. At about 4 ish I have a some soup and at about half 8 I have a tuna salad and some strawberries and blueberries with low fat geek yogurt and a little chocolate sprinkles. But the main thing is... you have to tell your worth it'll be worth it in the long run and your body doesn't need the food.
    I nearly caved at work today, I work in a supermarket and im surrounded my junk food and chocolate... but I walked away had a glass of water and some fruit tea.
    If your eating because you'd bored find something to do! I've notice I now have energy when I get in from work at 11.30 so do some cleaning, sort out my meals for the next day, watch a bit of Netflix and then head to bed.

ignore this ..

calorie deficit does….

In this case the right foods do matter to combat what the op is complaining about which is bingeing. If she cna eat foods which deal with her hunger in a better way then she can avoid the hunger and avoid bingeing, which will help maintain her deficit. Clearly the way she is going about it at the moment is not working for her.
  • ndj1979
    Options
    999tigger wrote: »
    ndj1979 wrote: »

ignore this ..

calorie deficit does….

In this case the right foods do matter to combat what the op is complaining about which is bingeing. If she cna eat foods which deal with her hunger in a better way then she can avoid the hunger and avoid bingeing, which will help maintain her deficit. Clearly the way she is going about it at the moment is not working for her.

she is binging at night because she is hungry and not eating enough calories.

if she changes her calorie allotment up to one pound per week loss then the binge problem should go away.

so gain, right food does to matter ignore that advice.
  • jnv7594
    jnv7594 Posts: 983 Member
    Options
    Am I doing this right? I'm sedentary and a female. I'm 25 years old. I can't lose no matter how hard I try. I am just STARVING at the end of the day. I binge only at night since starting my diet. Its a ravenous hunger. No matter if I eat 3 meals or 6 a day. Please help!!!!

Yes, 1700 seems low. I'm down as "sedentary" and I am female as well. I weigh 100 pounds less than you, and I eat 1670 cals per day. I would take the suggestion to set your goal to 1 pound a week weight loss rather than two. That will give you a lot more calories to work with. I'm sure you want to lose the weight as fast as possible, but you also need to be on an eating plan that doesn't make you miserable or you won't stick to it.

• ndj1979
    Options
    OP - I would also suggest getting a food scale and weight all your solids and as many liquids as possible….you will be amazed as to what the actual portion size of some meals is….
  • rbiss
    rbiss Posts: 422 Member
    Options
    I look at it this way, I have my goal set to a 2lb loss as well which is a 1000 calorie deficit per day. So my MFP target calories + the 1000 calorie deficit is what I would need to maintain my current weight. That is a ton of calories for me, about 3400 before exercise. So, I log everything and some days I hit the MFP target, some days I go 1000 over which is still within maintenance. At the end of the week as long as I don't go over maintenance and have some good days, I still loose about 0.5 lbs. Things get easier, just go slow until you get the hang of the food part.
  • ditsyblond17
    Options
    AyaRowan wrote: »
    I was 303lb when I started on MFP and I think I ate around 1650 calories or so, it's been a while so I can't remember. For people who are used to eating so many more calories than their body needs, cutting out that many at once can throw off your body. It needs time to adapt to having lower amounts of calories and to eating less amounts of food. I'm 222lb now, that's 96lb down from my highest weight of 318lb back in 2007.

My suggestions:
    1) Cut your deficit in half for one to two weeks to give your body an adjustment period. Set it to lose 1lb a week instead of 2lb's a week. Go down to losing 0.5lb a week if you have to--any deficit is better than no deficit. After you start feeling better about staying within your calories, up your goal.

2) Don't DRINK your calories. So many people just starting out don't realize just how many calories they drink throughout the day. Coffee with creamer and sugar, sweetened tea, sodas, even fruit juices. Any calories you drink rob you of calories you could eat, which would be far more filling. If you really want to drink a snack or breakfast or have a sweet drink, an occasional green smoothie (fruits plus some veggies) is a good choice but only if it includes the FIBER of the fruit to help make it more filling and slow sugar absorption.

3) Don't spend too many calories on SUGAR. Technically you can lose weight eating only donuts and ice cream if you stay at a deficit, but you'll stay hungry constantly.

4) Eat FILLING foods. Protein, healthy fats (olive oil, coconut oil, etc), whole grains, and also fiber.

5) Drink lots of water. Not soda (not even diet), coffee, tea, but water. Water not only helps keep you full but it is also what keeps things moving in your body. It can improve your complexion, your digestion, your energy levels, and more. You can add things in to make it more tolerable but don't add things that add significant calories. I personally add fresh squeezed lemon juice to my water and a slight sprinkle of cayenne pepper. You can also use low calorie drink packets if you have to, but be careful if you have an artificial sweetener sensitivity like I do. I only get drink mixes made with stevia Crystal Light Pure and even then I use them in moderation.

Other tips/suggestions:
    1) You need a good balance of fiber, protein, carbs, and HEALTHY fats in order to avoid cravings. Everyone's balance is different and unique due to their genetics and body chemistry. Sometimes healthy fats like avocado or nuts can make some people feel satisfied, while some people need meat or fish for protein. And some people need carbs like whole grains or fruit to feel full.

2) Cook or "assemble" as many of your own meals as possible. Take control of what you eat and don't let the environment, work, or people around you control what you consume. If you know you're going out of town for the day and want to reduce the urge to grab fast food, take something with you that's either shelf stable or in a cooler. Going to work and don't have time in the mornings to make breakfast? Put together a salad in a jar (google it) the night before. When you make your own food, you can customize it to fit your needs.

3) Change your labels on your food diary to show your problem areas. If you're having problems with being hungry all the time, make your diary show your fiber intake. Fiber helps slow digestion down so that the food keeps you fuller longer and your body has adequate time to absorb nutrition. If you have trouble with eating too much sodium, add that so you can keep an eye on it.

4) Invest in a food scale and weigh your foods. You'd be surprised how inaccurate your food diary can be without one. Take potatoes for example. If you get a potato out of a bag of russets and bake it, how do you log it? Many food entries say one medium potato is a serving size. But is the potato you pulled out a medium one? Often if you weigh them, that potato's over 1.75 servings of one medium potato instead of just 1 serving. For such a calorie dense food like potatoes, that's a significant difference.

5) Don't deprive yourself of everything you love. That's a good way to fail quickly due to cravings. Allow yourself the things that you love from time to time (not once a day), a good cheeseburger for example. But plan it into your calories. If you know you're going to want a burger later, or a donut, or something equivalent then eat lighter the rest of the day. Eat more low calorie foods to balance out the high calorie foods. And if you do go over your calories, then just log it anyway. And the next day go right back to eating your calorie goal without stressing over it.

6) View your change as a lifestyle change, not a "diet." Diets end. People reach their goal, go right back to their bad habits, and gain it back. Lose weight in a way you see yourself continuing forever. I thought I'd never lose weight. I thought about it so many times growing up, I'd make plans and not do them. But once you get started, once you start losing bit by bit it stops seeming impossible.

You can do it! Don't give up and don't get discouraged. Be strong and take it one day at a time. If you falter, that's okay, just try to meet your goal tomorrow. As long as you're having a deficit on average, you'll start to see progress over time and see vast improvements in your life.

Thank you for sharing such great tips!!! The problem is, I haven't been keeping a deficit for the last week. Its odd, haven't gained a pound though. In fact, the only reason I feel awfyl is because the invisible cut off of 1,700 written in stone on MFP is always surpassed with bad choices. Truthfully, if I ate 1,000 at night time (which I do anyways) but have allotted for that, I wouldn't feel like crying in the comfort of my closet.
    jnv7594 wrote: »
    Am I doing this right? I'm sedentary and a female. I'm 25 years old. I can't lose no matter how hard I try. I am just STARVING at the end of the day. I binge only at night since starting my diet. Its a ravenous hunger. No matter if I eat 3 meals or 6 a day. Please help!!!!

Yes, 1700 seems low. I'm down as "sedentary" and I am female as well. I weigh 100 pounds less than you, and I eat 1670 cals per day. I would take the suggestion to set your goal to 1 pound a week weight loss rather than two. That will give you a lot more calories to work with. I'm sure you want to lose the weight as fast as possible, but you also need to be on an eating plan that doesn't make you miserable or you won't stick to it.

Wow!!! 100 pounds less abd eating about what I am required to eat? I knew something sounded off to me. Thank you for sharing. I wish I had all the answers so I could lose asap. I have a fertility appointment on the 23rd of this month. I'm terrified I may not be qualified now because I've Gained about 7 more pounds in 2 months. .5 pounds a week won't get me there in time. But who knows, maybe my body will start losing fat gradually with small deficits. Hell, I'd even take that!
  • allenpriest
    allenpriest Posts: 1,102 Member
    Options
    I started out setting MPG just at maintenance level at first to get used to logging and controlling my intake. After a month of that I started with a 1 lb target. After 6 months more I upped it to a 1.5 lb target. I let MFP set all thr calorie targets and then I've recorded every thing and pretty much hit my targets. I had 200 lbs to lose. I've lost over 85 in 14 months. You didn't gain it all fast and it won't come off fast. One tip - log it before you eat it. Then you will slow down and make better choices.
  • arguablysamson
    arguablysamson Posts: 1,706 Member
    Options

Oh, you will be hungry. There is not an easy way out of that. But if you want to drop a lot of weight, eat once per day. Pick a time (any time), fill up one plate with anything you prefer (but don't do junk food or you will feel rotten), and give yourself one calorie beverage. You will be averaging 1,300 calories if you fill the plate.

After the meal, allow yourself only calorie-free beverages, but have as many and whatever kinds you want (water, coffee, tea, diet sodas, etc). Give yourself one splurge day once every week-and-a-half to two weeks. You will drop the weight sure enough, but this will take some adjustment, mind you. There is no way around that. This is OMAD (one-meal-a-day) in a nutshell.

Don't worry about exercise for now. Sedentary is okay and it seems to be the biggest mistake people make by working out while significantly obese. For more info, hit up the OMAD forums here or PM me. I dropped 173 lbs in just over ten months on what I just laid out for you.
  • Forty6and2
    Forty6and2 Posts: 2,492 Member
    Options

Oh, you will be hungry. There is not an easy way out of that. But if you want to drop a lot of weight, eat once per day. Pick a time (any time), fill up one plate with anything you prefer (but don't do junk food or you will feel rotten), and give yourself one calorie beverage. You will be averaging 1,300 calories if you fill the plate.

After the meal, allow yourself only calorie-free beverages, but have as many and whatever kinds you want (water, coffee, tea, diet sodas, etc). Give yourself one splurge day once every week-and-a-half to two weeks. You will drop the weight sure enough, but this will take some adjustment, mind you. There is no way around that. This is OMAD (one-meal-a-day) in a nutshell.

Don't worry about exercise for now. Sedentary is okay and it seems to be the biggest mistake people make by working out while significantly obese. For more info, hit up the OMAD forums here or PM me. I dropped 173 lbs in just over ten months on what I just laid out for you.

That weight loss rate is more than 4lbs per week and that's simply terrible advice. Don't do this, please.
  • galgenstrick
    galgenstrick Posts: 2,086 Member
    Options
    Forty6and2 wrote: »

That weight loss rate is more than 4lbs per week and that's simply terrible advice. Don't do this, please.

This.

That advice sounds miserable and unhealthy.