Weight loss pills

Options
124»

Replies

• diannethegeek
    diannethegeek Posts: 14,776 Member
    Options
    I'm pretty overweight at the moment. I gained 80 lbs when pregnant and have lost about 50. And I was already overweight when I got pregnant. I am in the process of weaning. My baby is 11 months old now and I'm taking away one feed a week and it's actually going really well. I'm just tired of being overweight. I got the info on the calories on This app after I put my height weight and that I wanted to lose 2 lbs a week. I have been eating about 300 more calories everyday than the 1010. I know my health and Baby's health are most important. I'm just stuck around 200 lbs and I really want to be in a healthy range for my frame and height. After reading all these posts I don't think I'll go the diet pills route and I'll add a few more calories while I'm breastfeeding. I appreciate all the feedback!

There's a glitch in the app right now that's setting people much lower calories than it should be.

Here's the official response:
    This is a known bug impacting the last release of our iOS app. This bug will be fixed in the next release of the app (v5.10).

In the meantime if anyone who has this issue logs into the website, and updates their goals through settings it will fix the issue.

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/account/change_goals_guided

You should also be logging your breastfeeding, either as an exercise or a negative calorie food, to get extra calories for it.

• Alyssa_Is_LosingIt
    Alyssa_Is_LosingIt Posts: 4,696 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options
    I'm pretty overweight at the moment. I gained 80 lbs when pregnant and have lost about 50. And I was already overweight when I got pregnant. I am in the process of weaning. My baby is 11 months old now and I'm taking away one feed a week and it's actually going really well. I'm just tired of being overweight. I got the info on the calories on This app after I put my height weight and that I wanted to lose 2 lbs a week. I have been eating about 300 more calories everyday than the 1010. I know my health and Baby's health are most important. I'm just stuck around 200 lbs and I really want to be in a healthy range for my frame and height. After reading all these posts I don't think I'll go the diet pills route and I'll add a few more calories while I'm breastfeeding. I appreciate all the feedback!

*Edit - read more of this response and took away my knee-jerk reaction to eating 1,000 calories a day.

However, you are still probably eating too little considering the breastfeeding calories. You do not need a diet pill, you need to up your calories. Have you even tried upping them to about 1600-1700?
  • salenamartine
    Options
    I'll try adding more healthy calories to my diet. Does anyone know if there's an average healthy calorie amount or is it really all personal to each individual?
  • karen0214
    karen0214 Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    I'll try adding more healthy calories to my diet. Does anyone know if there's an average healthy calorie amount or is it really all personal to each individual?

Hey Salena,

Here is a link to a calorie calculator for nursing moms. http://www.freedieting.com/tools/breastfeeding_calorie_calculator.htm

I use this web site for my calorie calculations (not the lactation calculator, but the regular one), and have found it to be the best I've used so far. There is also a lot of great info on the site. I am following a zig-zag method that I learned about on this site, where it tells you to stay at a certain number of cals for two days, then increase 400 cals for one day, back down for two days, then increase 200 cals for one day. It is actually working for me. So, it might be something you want to try.

Hang in there, work on staying healthy and enjoying your baby. You will lose the weight in time. However, I do totally understand your frustration at the weight gain. I'm just older now and looking back on it, it wasn't that big of a deal. That's hindsight though. ;)
  • Levar85
    Levar85 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Hi, guys.

I was interested in diet pills as well. I’ve struggled with my weight for the last seven years. My lifestyle and office job have been killing me.
    But I didn’t like them because I tried several pills and neither one helped me.

I browsed through various forums, fb groups, and articles. Then I discovered Amazon and found a very interesting book for kindle.
    This book consists of interviews with real people and has helped me tremendously to decide to try Duromine. Now I’m two weeks in and already lost 10 pounds. Maybe this isn't right pill for you, so consult your doctor first.

If you want to read it, you can do it from here - http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00XPRM6WA.
    They have some sort of free campaign running over the next few days.
    Wish you the same success as I'm having now.

Billy