When should I set a cheat date ?

alexiscastro_805
alexiscastro_805 Posts: 10 Member
edited March 2015 in Health and Weight Loss
Hello everyone, I have been struggling with keeping a diet and staying on track for almost 5years now. Now I am at a point in my life where I am fully committed to working out and eating healthy . My main concerns are the fact I have went from eating pure junk food and fast food and drank soda only for over the last year and then I went cold turkey over night and then started my diet. I have been dieting for the past three weeks and stopped drinking soda and I have been eating very clean and have not set up cheat dates. I find myself wanting cheeseburgers pizza and chips very badly but I do not know when or how much should I eat it again. I am also scared of eating the bad foods and falling in love with my old bad habit.

Any answers ?

Replies

• allenpriest
    allenpriest Posts: 1,102 Member
    You are trying to diet and deprive rather than make a comprehensive change in lifestyle. You can't deprive for awhile and then do what you were doing before. Include some of these items from time to time but cut the quantity down.
  • malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,562 Member
    Work a couple slices of pizza and a serving of chips into your day. Cheating gives a connotation that you're doing something wrong.
  • alexiscastro_805
    alexiscastro_805 Posts: 10 Member
    Thank you everyone for the helpful responses :)