Finding a place to rent...

Options
djc315
djc315 Posts: 585 Member
What are some good websites to find a place to rent (long term, not vacation)? I really don't like craigslist. And places like rent.com and apartment.com are only coming up with apartments. I would love to find a house. (I'm in WA)

Replies

• mandi_444
    mandi_444 Posts: 156
    Options
    Hello!

I'm in WA too... we used a property management company (Sterling, Johnston & Associates).

But there are other ones out there too. Just google "property management companies (city), WA" and some should come up with homes and condos for rent.

Hope that helps :)

Best of luck to you!
  • djc315
    Options
    Thanks!
  • Some_Watery_Tart
    Some_Watery_Tart Posts: 2,250 Member
    Options
    Grab a newspaper and check the classifieds.

Sidenote: I know you said you don't like CraigsList. But I'm a landlord, and I put my rentals on CL. I've always had the best results from CL, and it's free.

Good luck on your search!
  • harleydall76
    harleydall76 Posts: 586 Member
    Options
    Maybe call a real estate agent in the area and ask? If anything, they can refer you to someone. I know my father said his real estate agent doesn't handle rentals, but for me to call her and she'll recommend someone.
  • djc315
    Options
    Grab a newspaper and check the classifieds.

Sidenote: I know you said you don't like CraigsList. But I'm a landlord, and I put my rentals on CL. I've always had the best results from CL, and it's free.

Good luck on your search!

I've been looking on CL and for the most part, it is local apartment complexes being listed. OR large houses, like 4-5 bedrooms. I just get frustrated with it.
  • djc315
    Options
    Thank everyone :)
  • SPARTANPOWER
    Options
    CL
  • kimmie185
    kimmie185 Posts: 550 Member
    Options
    tried Zillow.com?

It pulls up places for rent.