Accountability and support

Options
Hey all!

I've logged in to this site sooo many times for like a day, and then I've disappeared, eaten bad for a while, then came back... and repeat!

I'm stuck!

Sometimes I can stick to eating healthy and exercise for a couple of weeks, and lose weight, but then I binge. And spiral out of control.

Feel free to add me if you want to help, motivate, support and hold each other accountable as we lose together.

:)

Replies

• stayfocusedAMANDA
    stayfocusedAMANDA Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    I was actually just wanting to write this same, exact thing! I need people to hold me more accountable!
  • candygrl26
    Options
    Yes, it is so hard without it isn't it?!
  • SuzeFletcher
    Options
    I've just sent a FR ... hoping to widen my accountability circle too !
  • tonjlet
    tonjlet Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hi both. Selfish, I know, but I am so glad that I am not the only one who struggles to stay in control. Perhaps being in contact with others in the same boat will give me a bit of strength to stay on the straight and narrow!
  • jtolman619
    jtolman619 Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    Anyone can add me! :)
  • iamfat1967
    iamfat1967 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Anyone can add me as well. Knowing I have to be honest and accountable for what I eat would help I think!
  • dopeysmelly
    dopeysmelly Posts: 1,390 Member
    Options
    Friendvite sent.
  • kateymorse
    kateymorse Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I was thinking this exact same thing today. Just really struggling these last few days. Maybe because I'm getting into a rut with winter seeming to last forever this year... Maybe because weight doesn't come off in your 30s as easy as it did in my 20s... Just having a tough couple days. I'll send a FR!
  • vanessangonzalez
    vanessangonzalez Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Girl, you sound just like me! I'm sending you a FR. Lol!
  • derekhaines1981
    Options
    Glad to hear others do the same as me, lol!!! Good luck everyone
  • winchcdw
    winchcdw Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I have the same problem. It seems like I always start out well but end up losing motivation. Lets all help each other to stay on track. Its nice knowing that others go through the same feelings as me
  • thatgirlfrom
    thatgirlfrom Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Same here! Anyone else can feel free to add me!
  • dawn_michelle
    dawn_michelle Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Was doing so well the last two months, super motivated, going to the gym every day. And have barely noticed any changes...I know it takes time, but I'm really regretting not starting sooner. My wedding is now less than 2 months away, so I basically have one more month...and am not even close to where I want to be. I know it is impossible, so I've suddenly gotten really discouraged... I am eating SO badly and haven't been working out nearly as much. (Still logging though so I can see JUST how badly) I need to go HARD for the next month and get even more serious so that I don't undo any work I may have done. It doesn't help that I've had a bad cold for about the last week that makes it really hard to workout when I can't breathe properly... Anyone, Please add me, I need all the support I can get! My friends and family don't support me because they all tell me I'm fine the way I am (sweet, but NOT what I need/ want to hear). We all get stuck sometimes, but everyone on here is here for the same reason...to get healthy! We can do this
  • venusfit
    venusfit Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Count me in too! Need that accountability. Have been food journaling here and there for about a year. I have been trying to lose the same 10lb's for over a year. Now it's 12lb. My goal this week is to post my journal every day even if it's bad ( like tonight). Dinner at shoeless Joes.
    Back at it and better tmrw.
  • cassandra884
    cassandra884 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    I am the EXACT same way! I do really well for a few days and then something happens and I just give up and it ends with binging...which then leads to being disappointed in myself. So, accountability and motivation is appreciated!! Feel free to add me.
  • cleopatra651
    cleopatra651 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Haha. I feel like I should click on everyone's post and copy and paste! I'm tired of a short term "goal" and ready for a healthy lifestyle. I'm always up for extra support and giving it right back! I may even stalk you if you've been missing for a few days and call you out! Anyone is free to add me!
  • pili90
    pili90 Posts: 302 Member
    Options
    This is my third time using mfp in a couple of years, I do need help with this same problem!! I'm trying my best this time, but I can't do it alone....Anyone can add me =)
  • vanessangonzalez
    vanessangonzalez Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Was doing so well the last two months, super motivated, going to the gym every day. And have barely noticed any changes...I know it takes time, but I'm really regretting not starting sooner. My wedding is now less than 2 months away, so I basically have one more month...and am not even close to where I want to be. I know it is impossible, so I've suddenly gotten really discouraged... I am eating SO badly and haven't been working out nearly as much. (Still logging though so I can see JUST how badly) I need to go HARD for the next month and get even more serious so that I don't undo any work I may have done. It doesn't help that I've had a bad cold for about the last week that makes it really hard to workout when I can't breathe properly... Anyone, Please add me, I need all the support I can get! My friends and family don't support me because they all tell me I'm fine the way I am (sweet, but NOT what I need/ want to hear). We all get stuck sometimes, but everyone on here is here for the same reason...to get healthy! We can do this

This happened to me! I was eating right and hitting it hard everyday and I gained weight!! Talk about discouraging! Read up on water weight. I kept up the good eating and making sure I was under my calories but I didn't work out. I lost the pounds I'd gained and then some. The excessive exercise may be the issue. Just a little something fyi. I wish someone had told me! Lol.
  • lmaschreck
    Options
    That's me too. I'm in a winter rut. Hate working out inside. Totally prefer to walk outside. The treadmill is like the devil. Started off well, then missed a day, then two.
  • cherylantonelli1
    cherylantonelli1 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Glad to see im not alone i to have a hard time , do good for 2 weeks and back to bad habits than takes forever to get motivated again. I am ready to feel better and def. need help being held accoutable.