Entering Recipe serving size?

Options
kuranda10
kuranda10 Posts: 593 Member
I am 99% sure that , when entering a custom recipe, you used to be able to say how much a serving was instead of just how many servings.

So I would weigh my whole batch of soup, say each serve was 1g, weigh the portion I was about to have and then in the diary say that I had 150 servings

Has that gone away?

Replies

• Phrick
    Phrick Posts: 2,765 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options
    I actually don't recall ever having that option available; I've been using the recipe builder (old and new incarnations) for a couple of years and have 30+ pages of recipes saved. The only way I know of to do what you're talking about is to enter the # of servings as the # of grams (so if you make 1743g of soup you'd enter that the recipe makes 1743 servings). For a while there was a hitch in the system when they rolled out the new, horrible builder that made it so you could not enter more than 999 servings, but just a day or so ago I entered a recipe with 1600+ servings so i think they have it fixed now. Or i just got lucky.
  • kuranda10
    Options
    ah ... maybe I remebered that backwards. Thanks.

Maybe it was the other popular tracking site that has that option
  • hesn92
    hesn92 Posts: 5,967 Member
    Options
    I've been a member for 3 years I think and don't recall that.
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    ILiftHeavyAcrylics Posts: 27,732 Member
    Options
    I've been here four years and it hasn't been that way during that time. I just put in however many grams the recipe makes most of the time, unless it's too heavy for that (I think the recipe builder will only go up to 999).
  • Phrick
    Phrick Posts: 2,765 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options
    I've been here four years and it hasn't been that way during that time. I just put in however many grams the recipe makes most of the time, unless it's too heavy for that (I think the recipe builder will only go up to 999).

@ILiftHeavyAcrylics‌ - I entered a 1648-serving recipe just a couple of days ago (using the old builder); I put a screen shot in the Recipe Feedback thread. I have fingers and toes crossed that they have finally fixed that issue.
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    ILiftHeavyAcrylics Posts: 27,732 Member
    Options
    Phrick wrote: »

@ILiftHeavyAcrylics‌ - I entered a 1648-serving recipe just a couple of days ago (using the old builder); I put a screen shot in the Recipe Feedback thread. I have fingers and toes crossed that they have finally fixed that issue.

Yay! That's great news.
  • kuranda10
    Options
    I just tried to edit a recipe to 1375 servings.
    I could get 137 or 375 and even then it wouldn't "take" the edit. It kept changing it back to 4 servings.