30 minutes of bike enough?

Hi guys

So I have an exercise bike at home, and recently I've been doing half an hour at around 19mph on it.

Will this make a difference?

Thanks!

Replies

• fooninie
    fooninie Posts: 291 Member
    Hello!

Are you going from a sedentary lifestyle to 30 minutes per day? If so, absolutely!!

30 minutes per day is a great level of moderate activity and can create fantastic exercise habits!!

Every minute counts and you are doing a great thing. There will come a point where you will feel that 30 minutes at 19mph is not enough for you and will naturally progress to longer and more intense sessions.

Keep at it!
  • BrianSharpe
    BrianSharpe Posts: 9,248 Member
    Enough for what? Enough is a very subjective word.......

If you're biking for half an hour at a good speed (& 19mph is) you're raising your heart rate which is good for your cardiovascular health and you're burning off calories which, in the context of weight management, is also good.

If you're thinking in terms of weight management half an hour of vigorous indoor biking can burn off several hundred calories which may help you achieve your goals (80% of weight loss is from your kitchen)

By all means keep it up, it's not a magic bullet but anything that leads to a more active lifestyle is a good thing in my books.