Weighing In

Hey Everyone,

Does anyone else feel they need to weigh in every other day to stay motivated? Is that a bad thing? How often are you really supposed to weigh yourself? I'm new so any info would be great. Friends welcomed.

Replies

• rez2012
    rez2012 Posts: 39 Member
    I don't really weigh myself. If that's what motivates you go for it...but I've seen ppl do that and get frustrated bc they're not losing or gaining weight as fast as they want to. You ever think about taking progress photos? I've seen that help keep people motivated when they can see the difference between the original photo with a new photo a month later.
  • I personally like a weekly weigh in. It helps keep me balanced versus obsessive.
  • DistantJ
    DistantJ Posts: 155 Member
    I think you are supposed to weigh yourself weekly. That said, I find weighing daily keeps my motivation up, so that's what I do. :)
  • Whittedo
    Whittedo Posts: 352 Member
    rez2012 wrote: »
    I don't really weigh myself. If that's what motivates you go for it...but I've seen ppl do that and get frustrated bc they're not losing or gaining weight as fast as they want to. You ever think about taking progress photos? I've seen that help keep people motivated when they can see the difference between the original photo with a new photo a month later.

Man if I looked like you I would be constantly taking pictures of myself, but alas I look like tubby old me so I will stick with the scale.

To OP: Depending how I feel I weigh myself daily, for instance if I think that I may be on an uptick, but I try to limit myself to Thursdays and Sundays. I log both those days.

• I never weigh myself. It's all about how I look and what I can do that motivates me. Keeping a log also helps.
  • hyIianprincess
    hyIianprincess Posts: 302 Member
    I'll only weigh my once or twice a month. I find if I weigh myself daily or even weekly I get discouraged if the number isn't what I want. To each his own though. Whatever works for you :)
  • jessypug
    jessypug Posts: 142 Member
    I used to weigh myself every day and got a bit obsessed with it and, like others have said, got upset if the numbers weren't going down. These days I weigh myself a couple of times a month and take my measurements once a month along with progress photos :)
  • missmollyx2
    missmollyx2 Posts: 1 Member
    I would just say go on how your body and clothes are feeling. I look at the scale everyday but I am trying to break the habit. Because while working out your body will weigh more because of extra water weight so it can make you feel like your not doing something right.