Greek Yoghurt

Options
13»

Replies

• arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,573 Member
    Options
    cityruss wrote: »
    I use MyProtein Flavdrops to flavor greek yogurt.

I've just finished today off with Liberte greek yogurt, chia seeds and toffee flavdrops.

You got me intrigued by these Flavdrops. Good?
  • SyzygyX
    SyzygyX Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    I prefer Fage to Chobani, so if you haven't tried that brand, maybe check it out. Mostly I either mix mine into smoothies, or just use it as a sour cream substitute in literally anything that requires sour cream. Also lots and lots of raita for Indian food. I love Greek yogurt. I wasn't keen on the plain taste a while back, but it's grown on me...as bacterial substances do.
  • FoxyLifter
    FoxyLifter Posts: 965 Member
    Options
    Ricotta cheese!

Same amount of protein (or really close to it) without the tangy taste that I can't seem to fully mask. :wink:

1 cup of ricotta + instant coffee powder = deliciousness!!
  • neurex
    neurex Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    I like the taste of plain greek yogurt after mixing a banana with it, although I also like the taste of it plain.
  • MrCoolGrim
    MrCoolGrim Posts: 351 Member
    Options
    I like Banana flavored Greek yogurt. I usually mix 30 grams oats and fibre 1 with a few ounces of Greek yogurt for breakfast.
  • shcraddock
    Options
    Agree, try different brands - and try different fat contents (I absolutely cannot do Chobani, or any non 0% fat brand, except Tillamook). Also, there are a good amount of ways to use Greek yogurt in savory cooking, especially as a substitute. One of my favorite recipes is a curry chicken salad made with plain greek yogurt. Maybe you're just not a fan of the sweet applications, but savory might work well for you.
  • AmberLeannnn
    AmberLeannnn Posts: 28 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options
    I love to make chicken or egg salad with it. Use it in place of mayo or sour cream in any recipe. Yum!
  • judiness101
    judiness101 Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    Unlike most of you I use very fatty greek yogourt (10% fat). I put half a cup of frozen straberries, about 4 table spoon of yogourt, one table spoon of honey and one table spoon of raw cocoa nibs.
  • FitPhillygirl
    FitPhillygirl Posts: 7,124 Member
    Options
    I eat Dannon's Light & Fit Greek Yogurt twice a day with Flax and Chia seeds mixed in. Their new salted caramel is my favorite flavor.
  • dopeysmelly
    dopeysmelly Posts: 1,390 Member
    Options
    I LOVE Greek yogurt. Fage is definitely the best, but Siggi's is pretty good. Like someone else mentioned, using plain unsweetened yogurt will help you increase protein intake without increasing sugars (too much). Add fruit to adjust the taste in a way you can control, or just add it to other food

I add it to soup, dips, etc. It adds protein but also a lovely creamy texture.

Having said all that, you'll find yourself getting used to the taste anyway.