No Pudge Brownie Hacks

Options
PaulaPalooza
PaulaPalooza Posts: 137 Member
To start off, I'd like to discourage folks who like to respond "just make room for a regular ________ (insert food item here)." While I hear you and am largely with you, my almost daily chocolate hankerings just can't always fit it into my day.

The above in mind, when I found no pudge brownie mix, I was crazy excited. Except that it's a pretty small serving (I basically only do the single serve microwave ones) and the mix has about 110 calories for 2 tablespoons. It's just not a great bank for the calorie buck, so to speak.

I decided to give something else a try... I bought the Red Velvet pancake mix from world market and did some fancy math: 2 tablespoons of THAT is 77 calories. Add the standard 1 tablespoon of applesauce or vanilla yogurt and pop it in the microwave for 60 seconds and you have a brownie for 90 calories. I've only tried it with the Red Velvet mix (which I love- chop up the brownie, mix it in with vanilla greek yogurt, berries, and a little granola for delicious parfait), but I'd assume it works with any of them.

In any case, I fully intend to go buy some other mix flavors and give it a go.

TLDR: No pudge mix is a rip-off. Just buy flavored pancake/waffle mixes and use in the same way for an even lower calorie treat.

Replies

• AshlynG923
    AshlynG923 Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    I'm bumping this because I love that idea.
  • RoxieDawn
    RoxieDawn Posts: 15,488 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options
    I make a flourless brownie that is pretty good and 48 calories a serving. The servings aren't big but it does give me that night time dessert and will fit into my calories.

Try this if you want (this is lower carb and higher fat so keep this in mind if you are watching macros).

Ingredients
    •2 oz unsweetened chocolate squares

•1 cup unsalted butter

•1 1/2 cups Splenda ( I use Truvia Baking Blend equivlent)

•4 lg eggs

•4 lg egg yolks

•1 tbsp vanilla

•6 tbsp cocoa powder

Directions
    1.Preheat oven to 350°F

2.Melt chocolate and butter over VERY low heat.

3.Let cool for 10 minutes.

4.Beat eggs until light.

5.Gradually beat in Splenda until fluffy.

6.SLOWLY drizzle chocolate mixture into egg mixture, beating constantly.

7.(Mixture will get VERY thick) Beat in sifted Cocoa until smooth.

8.Spread batter into a GREASED 12x16 jelly roll pan.

9.Bake for 50 minutes, or until top is puffed and cracked and tester comes Out with MOIST crumbs attached.

10.Cool for 1 hour.

11.Cut into 2 inch squares.

Nutritional Facts
    Servings1Servings 48Calories84Fat9gProtein2gCarbohydrate3gDietary Fiber1gCholesterol44mgSodium7mg0 Lean Meat1 1/2 Fat.