It's been over a year

Options
Deb23455
Deb23455 Posts: 17 Member
I've been on MFP every day for over 13 months now. Started at 218 pounds and today hit amy current goal of 172 (now it has moved down to 160#)!

My big moment today was trying on my size 14 pants and dresses from way back and they fit! One pair still had the tags on them!

I had begun to think that I was never going to get lower than size 16's. I still wear 16 shirts but that's down from 18's.

I still have 22# to get out of the overweight range but that could take another year so I'm setting smaller goals along the way.

I took an online class and learned that you improve your health if you lose just 7% of your weight, so I keep setting mini goals of 7% and its been working. Does anyone else set small goals?

Replies

• mamadon
    mamadon Posts: 1,422 Member
    Options
    Awesome job!! I'm in maintanance, but I set mini ten pound goals the entire time.
  • lindaloo1213
    lindaloo1213 Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    I really do believe that setting small goals is a great approach. When you aim too big and dont hit them its very discouraging. Good work! I bet u feel great!
  • venusfit
    venusfit Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Great job!
  • Cedarwren
    Cedarwren Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    Impressive!
  • vanessalillian82
    vanessalillian82 Posts: 350 Member
    Options
    Oh my gosh, yes! I have clothes in my wardrobe that I've never actually worn and still have tags on. Either I bought them as "inspiration clothes", or I gained weight before I had a chance to wear them.

Uhhh, don't tell my boyfriend about that, though. He thinks it's weird that I buy jeans in my current size as well as the size below. The size below is my mini goal.
  • allenpriest
    allenpriest Posts: 1,102 Member
    Options
    I set goals in 15 pound increments. Losing 200 is too big to get my head around. I can handle 15 at a time.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!