I dont know how to log this

Options
From a local mom and pop place..veggie calzone, no cheese just sauce..its huge..I ate half..I guessed 600 calories..is that even close?nl1g45p5mv4z.jpg

Replies

• arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,575 Member
    Options
    I would log ingredients separately. Guesstimate how much dough, vegetables, sauce, and add a tablespoon of oil.
  • juggernaut1974
    juggernaut1974 Posts: 6,212 Member
    Options
    What is in the pic - is that the whole thing, or just the half you didn't eat?

What sorts of veggies were in it?

600 is probably pretty close-ish if that's the whole thing and you ate half of it, and it wasn't loaded with corn, potatoes or other starchy veggies. I might say closer to 700 just because I tend to be overly pessimistic when estimating restaurant food.
  • Ellaskat
    Ellaskat Posts: 386 Member
    Options
    I would look for calzones and log the one with the highest cal
  • ShellyBell999
    ShellyBell999 Posts: 1,482 Member
    Options
    YUM!!
  • callsitlikeiseeit
    callsitlikeiseeit Posts: 8,627 Member
    Options
    its probably close if you only ate half.

most of the time i try to break it down into ingredients (my lunch today was like that) but thats not always possible. i will also grossly overestimate at times, because id rather over estimate than under estimate.
  • shortntall1
    shortntall1 Posts: 333 Member
    Options
    it was spinach, broc, tomatoes, onion, mushrooms, black olives...ty for the tips!! Yes, thats the whole thing but I ate half..
  • shortntall1
    Options
    ..and the sauce was very lightly applied
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,575 Member
    Options
    it was spinach, broc, tomatoes, onion, mushrooms, black olives...ty for the tips!! Yes, thats the whole thing but I ate half..

I'd log a couple hundred grams broccoli, half cup to a cup of spinach, 100 grams tomatoes, 50 grams of onion and mushroom, 25-50 grams of olives, 4 tablespoons of tomato/pizza sauce, a tablespoon of olive oil, and the dough...I don't know.
  • shortntall1
    Options
    I had a corona light with it but I know how to log that LOL
  • shortntall1
    Options
    thank you!