How many calories?

Options
InForBacon
InForBacon Posts: 1,508 Member
I am going to be eating a 1 lb (after cooked) burger and have no idea how to track it. I am getting it from a restaurant near me that was featured on Man Vs. Food and they do not have their nutrition facts listed anywhere. I don't know what all they put in it, whether it's ground beef, chuck, sirloin or whatever and I'm not sure how to break it down and track each part separately (like the amount of cheese, lettuce, catsup, pickle, etc.). What am I supposed to do?! Please help!

Replies

• LittleMiss_WillLoseIt
    LittleMiss_WillLoseIt Posts: 1,373 Member
    Options
    With my understanding since it's been featured on television then the calories don't count. ENJOY THE BURGERRRR!!
  • Pearsquared
    Pearsquared Posts: 1,656 Member
    Options
    You can either:

1. Estimate. You could probably err on the side of fattier for the meat - at least you know how much it weighs - and eyeball the ingredients.

2. Call it a day and not bother logging it.

If it was any other restaurant, you might consider asking if they had nutrition facts, but with this one, I hardly think that's going to have much success.
  • thisismeraw
    thisismeraw Posts: 1,264 Member
    Options
    Estimate by adding in four quarter lb burgers? I would imagine that way it would be relatively accurate and would account for base toppings/
  • InForBacon
    Options
    With my understanding since it's been featured on television then the calories don't count. ENJOY THE BURGERRRR!!
    Does that mean I can have them add extra cheese and maybe some bacon to it too?
  • commanderval
    commanderval Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    I wouln't log it since I would probably be so full I would throw it all up anyways!
  • Ainar
    Ainar Posts: 858 Member
    Options
    1 lb size burgers are no supposed to be tracked. If you would try, you would probably lose your mind.
  • Deed214
    Deed214 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    It's going to be about 800 calories for 1 lb of cooked beef, at least 110 for the bun (probably more) and then add all the extras! Ouch! :)
  • MinnieInMaine
    MinnieInMaine Posts: 6,400 Member
    Options
    Not sure if serious....

If you are, I'm sure you could find a picture online since it was on a tv show and guesstimate based on what it looks like. :)
  • Linli_Anne
    Linli_Anne Posts: 1,360 Member
    Options
    Estimate by adding in four quarter lb burgers? I would imagine that way it would be relatively accurate and would account for base toppings/

I'd be inclined to think this way too - but, the 1/4 pound patties are usually weighed before cooking, as it is with most meats.

I would personally go through the MFP database for something named "extreme burger" or the like, and assume it to be close enough in calories because at that point I would be way to concerned about how to lick all the juice off that is now up to my elbows. . .
  • 1brokegal44
    1brokegal44 Posts: 562 Member
    Options
    One meal on one day isn't going to wreck you. I'd enjoy it and get back to business the next day.
  • InForBacon
    Options
    Not sure if serious....

If you are, I'm sure you could find a picture online since it was on a tv show and guesstimate based on what it looks like. :)
    Of course I'm serious. I want my picture on the wall. If I were to guesstimate foods based on what they look like, I would be way off all the time. Probably not a good idea, unfortunately.
  • LittleMiss_WillLoseIt
    LittleMiss_WillLoseIt Posts: 1,373 Member
    Options

Extra cheese and LOTS of bacon. Bacon is a must!!
  • AllTehBeers
    AllTehBeers Posts: 5,030 Member
    Options

Bacon is always a yes.
  • Tilran
    Tilran Posts: 626 Member
    Options
    Seeing as how that much food will probably make you vomit immediately afterwards anyway...you dont need to track it...would be a waste of time!
  • Ready2Rock206
    Ready2Rock206 Posts: 9,488 Member
    Options
    No idea on the calories - but enjoy the challenge!