Where do you do fitness?

Options
I currently use the original p90x dvds, and home workout equipment. As a mom this was the most practical cost efficient choice for me. How and where does your fitness happen?

Replies

• AmyRhubarb
    AmyRhubarb Posts: 6,890 Member
    Options
    Strength/HIIT/Kickboxing happens in my living room with Fitness Blender vids, Nike Training Club app or a DVD. Running happens on the college campus a few blocks from my house - love being able to run through an agricultural area smack in the middle of the city - orchards, wheat fields, summer corn, grazing cattle & horses - just a few steps from my front door. :smile:
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 25,038 Member
    Options
    Mainly ... outside.

I'm cooped up inside much of the day, in the office at work. I can see outside through the windows, and that just makes me long to be out there all the more.

So come lunch, I'm almost sprinting out the door for a walk. After work and on the weekends ... love to be outside walking or cycling or whatever.
  • ninayoungdog617
    ninayoungdog617 Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    I love to be outside. I powerwalk, jog and ride a bike. I go to gym 2 times a week for cardio and strength training. I live in South Florida so the weather here is awesome.
  • ibamosaserreinas
    ibamosaserreinas Posts: 294 Member
    Options
    I have worked really hard to incorporate fitness everywhere into my life.
    • I go to the gym four or five times a week.
    • I also have a fitbit flex so I am always trying to get more steps in. (I have an aerobic step in my frontroom to get steps in. I always park far away at the store or at work. I organized my classroom so that I can do laps around the room between classes or slowly while kids are there...)
    • I have Power 90 DVDs which I started last week. (I will probably cut down on my gym time to do the program.)
  • jennibean40
    jennibean40 Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Excellent @AmyRhubarb‌ . I also have a community track a block from my house! Weather permitting, it is a GREAT place to run since it includes a playground for my children!
  • justcat206
    justcat206 Posts: 716 Member
    Options
    Lift at my local Y, run on the sidewalks close to my kids' schools, and do martial arts at a dojo a couple miles from my house. When I'm stuck at home I have dumbbells and lift in my living room while the kids watch cartoons.
  • lenoresaari
    lenoresaari Posts: 500 Member
    Options
    fitness club- yoga, zumba, strength training class; its very convenient - just a few min from my house - that keeps me motivated; and the sauna and hottub that are in the fitness club keep me relaxed
  • maroonmango211
    maroonmango211 Posts: 908 Member
    Options
    At home indoors most of the time, especially in winter (gets really darn cold here). I'm a mom of 3 young ones and it would be impossible to get it done anywhere else but at home since we live in a small town and the closest fitness space is a 30 minute drive. During the summer I really enjoy going for runs outdoors too plus its a great "me" time.
  • sigsby
    sigsby Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    Everywhere, but I prefer outdoor activities. Things like running, swimming, inline skating, biking, skiing and the like. It pains me to set foot in a gym. I do however have a nice home gym setup that isn't too bad. I still prefer to scenic stuff.
  • JulieG822
    JulieG822 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Mostly in my living room!! I'm a mom to 4 so I push them all out and into there rooms for 30-45 minutes at least 5 nights a week and do some videos. Mainly The Biggest Loser or a walking DVD as well as my lovely elliptical :) I also try to get outside and walk when the weather is nice!!

You gotta do what you gotta do!!
  • jennibean40
    Options
    @ibamosaserreinas‌ it sounds like you put in legitimate work! Good job! Diets are a fad.. fitness is a lifestyle!! Keep up the good work!
  • DancingMoosie
    DancingMoosie Posts: 8,619 Member
    Options
    at home: with dvds, hand weights, rebounder, and/or pull-up bar
    at the gym: treadmill, weight machines, dummbbells or free weights, bleachers
    at the park: running or walking on the track or doing a circuit
  • ernurse167
    ernurse167 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    I go to a regular gym 5 mornings a week to lift weights and on my nights off I go to a crossfit box and do the WOD. Usually make crossfit 3-4 times a week.
  • tat2cookie
    tat2cookie Posts: 1,900 Member
    Options
    My living room. I'm doing the C25K app along with weight lifting. I also have DVDs and wii fitness games. Sometimes I just turn up the music and dance till I'm covered in sweat!
  • jennibean40
    Options
    @Machka9‌ i sympathize! This winter weather happening where i live has me cooped up inside most days.. during the summer i love to hike run walk.. anything outside!
  • Shanairah1991
    Shanairah1991 Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    I used to run on a beautiful track outside but I have bad knees and was advised by my doctor to stop. I love to bike in the summer with my dogs and I have a membership with GoodLife Fitness. On mondays and Tuesday's I can't get to the gym so I will take the children (I work in a daycare) into our gym and I will skip rope for 30min (or however long I can before the children need me.)
  • Shanairah1991
    Shanairah1991 Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    Oh that sounded bad. I will have the children skip with me and we will challenge each other. Lots of them like to do their own thing.
  • jennibean40
    Options
    @justcat206‌
    I am developing a sincere interest in learning a martial art! Very cool!
  • AmyRhubarb
    AmyRhubarb Posts: 6,890 Member
    Options
  • jenmovies
    jenmovies Posts: 346 Member
    Options
    I go to the gym 4-5 nights a week, do yoga here and there, and use YouTube videos from BodyRockTV and ZuzkaLight. I also try to get outside when I can to walk, run or jump rope, but it's a bit difficult where I live due to weather. B)