Bowel Movement Help

Options
2»

Replies

• evileen99
    evileen99 Posts: 1,564 Member
    Options
    Twenty-five grams of fiber isn't enough for me to be regular. I have to eat around 35 gm to keep things moving. Maybe you should try adding a little more and see what happens. Berries are very high in fiber and easy to fit in to your diet without adding a lot of calories.
  • CarmenSRT
    CarmenSRT Posts: 843 Member
    Options
    Hmmm. My average fiber intake is about twice yours. Regularity isn't a problem for me *except* when we go on a several days' length car trip. What I miss out on when we do that is my exercise. Without at least an hour of exercise daily my regularity suffers.

How much exercise do you do daily?
  • MyChocolateDiet
    MyChocolateDiet Posts: 22,281 Member
    Options
    when I drink water it comes out of a different orifice, but apparently "we're all different" LOL.

but seriously, bacteria are a big part of your output so some pre or probiotic foods or things that ferment late in the system are as good as anything.

If your fibre is from veg it has a different effect to that from wheat bran etc - insoluble vs soluble fibre.

Seriously? Water/hydration are essential for BM's and regularity. I had to stop reading there. *smh* bionics :grumble:
  • wwstewart
    wwstewart Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    smoke a cigarette.

Oddly...this helps me, too.

Of course, if you DON'T smoke, you probably shouldn't. But yeah, nicotine is a stimulant, and that's one of the things it stimulates.
  • MyChocolateDiet
    MyChocolateDiet Posts: 22,281 Member
    Options
    Yeah I agree with everyone above who is concerned that you aren't having the right balance to keep you regular.

There are herbal supplements as well as OTC stuff that can help you go when you're in a bind but for the most part your diet should do it.

Here are some natural remedies that work for me before I reach for anything herbal or OTC.

-coffee (as you stated)
    -coffee and a bran muffin with butter (whoosh!)
    -coffee with cayenne, coconut oil, maple syrup, cocoa powder and coffee-mate (found this one out by accident when I ran out of sugar and thought maple syrup might not taste good with coffee so got crazy adding stuff).
    -OJ
    -apple cider vinegar a tablespoon
    -going for a walk
    -laying on your left side
    -some weird shake machine that you stand on that looks like a scale but literally shakes the crap out of you (at colonics places and lately at the mall as an exercise machine in the kiosks at the center walkways)
    -burrito's from questionable restaurants
    -chinese food from same
    -indian food from same

The end. Happy eliminations! :flowerforyou:
  • mockchoc
    mockchoc Posts: 6,573 Member
    Options
    I never ever have this issue but did the other day after surgery for some reason. 8 prunes and some water fixed it easily. TMI but you asked. Be well!
  • MyJourney1960
    MyJourney1960 Posts: 1,133 Member
    Options

-burrito's from questionable restaurants
    -chinese food from same
    -indian food from same

The end. Happy eliminations! :flowerforyou:
    lol

add questionable falafel to the list:explode:
  • freddi11e
    freddi11e Posts: 317 Member
    Options
    bump! i drink 2 cups of coffee.. 2 cups of tea... and 8 cups of water... HAVENT HAD A BOWEL MOVEMENT IN A WEEK. also eat way more than 25 g of fiber...
  • freddi11e
    freddi11e Posts: 317 Member
    Options
    I tend to sound like a broken record often when talking about constipation but I am never regular unless I drink chlorophyll and chia seeds coupled with exercise. I have off days that throw my regularities off so then I eat 10-12 prunes or have 2 tbsp milk of mag to get back on track ( prefer not use milk of mag unless its absolutely necessary) also elevate my legs whole going. I have tried fiber supplements but prefer a more natural approach so chia and chlorophyll it is for me. Hope u solve your issue cause u don't wanna be full of it.

Oh sometimes eating a little pack of raspberries, blueberries or blackberries helps too.

you drink chlorophyll and chia seeds? how much? like u put it in a blender or something?? im going to try this.. more details pls :) thanks
  • rumplesnat
    rumplesnat Posts: 372
    Options
    bump! i drink 2 cups of coffee.. 2 cups of tea... and 8 cups of water... HAVENT HAD A BOWEL MOVEMENT IN A WEEK. also eat way more than 25 g of fiber...

A week??!!?? I'd stop at the store and get some Mirilax. Like now.