Measurements

Options
et85219
et85219 Posts: 91 Member
I bought a tape measure and I am having difficulty measuring my self accurately. Does anyone have any suggestions on how to measure yourself?

Replies

• Josh_ATX
    Josh_ATX Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Here's a step by step with photos:
    How to Properly Measure Your Body

If you've got a buddy to help, it's much easier.
  • CA_Underdog
    CA_Underdog Posts: 733 Member
    Options
    Myotape. It makes measuring yourself a snap!
  • blankiefinder
    blankiefinder Posts: 3,599 Member
    Options
    I can never figure out where I should take my hip measurement. Under the butt cheeks? Over? I guess as long as I always do it in the same place each time...
  • Sued0nim
    Sued0nim Posts: 17,456 Member
    Options

I was reading reviews of that and it says it only locks at 1 inch increments so you have to read it in place

another review mentioned that it was out by 1.5cm consistently due to the ratcheting tool

have you found this to be true?

• CA_Underdog
    CA_Underdog Posts: 733 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options
    rabbitjb wrote: »
    I was reading reviews of that and it says it only locks at 1 inch increments so you have to read it in place
    True. Reading it in place is easy for most body parts--calves, waist, hips, biceps, and chest--but for the neck, without a mirror, I must pinch the reading before lifting it off.
    another review mentioned that it was out by 1.5cm consistently due to the ratcheting tool. Have you found this to be true?
    Hmm.. my three closed fully, and while they have 1/8" (0.3cm) markings, I measure to 1/4" (0.6cm), and my measurements have been consistent at that level of precision. Certainly no swings of that magnitude, so I'm not sure precisely what they're meaning by this.

It's like a measuring tape with a second and consistent pair of hands. It's cheap, so don't expect the moon, but it beats measuring tapes and tape measures for self-measuring. :)
  • spilledmilk
    spilledmilk Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    I can never figure out where I should take my hip measurement. Under the butt cheeks? Over? I guess as long as I always do it in the same place each time...

Your hip should be over the fullest part of your butt, wherever that falls.