Modified Starbucks?

Options
So, my drink is a tall triple shot vanilla latte. I know that extra shots mean less milk but outside of "subtracting" two ounces of 2% milk...I have no idea how to true up the nutrition. Any thoughts? They do not have a custom drink calculator...

Yea, it doesn't seem like a lot but every calorie counts when you are hungry all the time :) I suppose I could just go with the standard drink nutrition (which I will do...unless) and just know I am over estimating.

Replies

• aam117
    aam117 Posts: 284 Member
    Options
    When I search "triple tall vanilla latte" there are several options that come up in MFP. Not sure what the accuracy is, but you might find a decent approximation
  • TraceyKakes
    TraceyKakes Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    I used to work at starbucks. You could order a triple tall vanilla Americano misto with half sweet vanilla(1/2 the syrup) to cut down on calories. Basically it's less sugar and instead of a latte (that has all milk and shots) it has shots plus hot water plus some milk and foam so it's less sugar and milk.
  • aam117
    aam117 Posts: 284 Member
    Options
    Great suggestion @tmartin. :smile:
    Myself I usually get an americano with some steamed soy milk, pretty low cal with just a hint of sweet. I just recently tried the coconut milk latte and really like it as well. Living in Seattle makes Starbucks far too convenient not to find ways of getting my fix without blowing a half day worth of calories
  • joepratt503
    joepratt503 Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    I can only imagine @aam117 . I am down in PDX and where I don't quite have that problem...its problem enough :)

Thanks for the suggestions
  • Lasmartchika
    Lasmartchika Posts: 3,440 Member
    Options
    You could look up the entry for 2% milk in ounces, and in the serving box you type -2. That should subtract the 2 ounces of milk. :drinker:
  • dsalveson
    dsalveson Posts: 306 Member
    Options
    You could look up the entry for 2% milk in ounces, and in the serving box you type -2. That should subtract the 2 ounces of milk. :drinker:

Mind = blown
  • clockworkgeisha
    clockworkgeisha Posts: 48 Member
    Options

Does that work?!!! Holy moly. I think you've changed my life a bit.
  • hesn92
    hesn92 Posts: 5,967 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options
  • JPW1990
    JPW1990 Posts: 2,424 Member
    Options
    aam117 wrote: »
    Great suggestion @tmartin. :smile:
    Myself I usually get an americano with some steamed soy milk, pretty low cal with just a hint of sweet. I just recently tried the coconut milk latte and really like it as well. Living in Seattle makes Starbucks far too convenient not to find ways of getting my fix without blowing a half day worth of calories

FYI, the coconut milk they're using is not normal coconut milk, it has sugar added and a few other things, so if you're using an MFP entry for regular coconut milk, it's probably going to be off on several numbers.
  • joepratt503
    joepratt503 Posts: 191 Member
    Options

I had no idea that was possible. amazing.