60lbs (25kg) in 10 months! size 16 (almost 18) to a size 10/12

Options
acardone
acardone Posts: 13 Member
I had gotten to the stage in my life where my husband and I were wanting to start a family BUT given we were both overweight and there were family medical issues on both sides, we realised that something had to give if we were ever going to enjoy the raising of children.
We had tried protein shake diets, Weight Watchers, Tony Ferguson, juicing (I think our juicing lasted all of 2-3 days!) - we did lose weight but never found that it supported a busy lifestyle of having our friends and family around for a meal (who weren't restricted to our diet) and for going to their homes for a meal. So the weight that we had lost just went straight back on plus a few more kilos/pounds!
In May of 2014, my husband and I decided to give MFP a go (we had done so previously but didn't stick to it). We had agreed that we would focus on our diet for the first few months to make sure we were in the habit of putting in our meals. After we were successful with doing this, we introduced walking and gradually began to increase the distance and intensity.
I started my weightloss journey at 94kg (225.6lbs) and had the goal of getting to 70kg (168lbs).
What REALLY HELPED was having our food diary visible to each other and to our friends that were starting on MFP too!
My weakness is hot chips and when I went on record after a few months to say that I was cutting them out of my diet, I knew that if they magically appeared on my diary that I'd have my husband and friends holding me to my word. That's not to say that I didn't give in but it definitely took my dedication to another level.
A few months into our weightloss journey and friends of ours were asking if we'd do Tough Mudder with them (if you don't know what it is...you need to check it out AND then sign up!) Anyway, we blindly signed up and began to push ourselves harder than we had! The weight was still coming off and we were enjoying the thought of completing a goal we'd set.
On November 15, 2014, we completed Tough Mudder (my husband did so with 2 cracked ribs!!!!) and the feeling was AMAZING! I'd never set my mind to something like that before and even more than that was to actually achieve it!
I started to develop a like (not at the 'love' stage yet) for running and that was another goal achieved when I ran my first 5kms!
I'm now 68.5kg (164.4lbs) which is lighter than my original goal and I'm aiming for the final 3.5kg (8.4lbs)
It's been a great journey and I can say that it's not a diet but a change in my lifestyle. I'm more confident than I've been in years and sad to say but the fittest I've ever been (apart from when I was a child...that doesn't count)
To anyone who thinks they can't, I'm going to say with confidence and certainty that YOU CAN because I'm proof that it works. 6ufm1rwfz5l2.jpg
4e4qpnyv8boe.jpg

Replies

• thinthought
    thinthought Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    you look so much younger! amazing job!
  • Rachelerik
    Rachelerik Posts: 262 Member
    Options
    Wow! Thanks for the amazing and inspiring story. Congrats!
  • gocats11
    gocats11 Posts: 4
    Options
    Great work!
  • maryjboom
    maryjboom Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    Great job! Thanks for sharing.
  • BravoGurl
    BravoGurl Posts: 4 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options
    Your results are simply fabulous! So happy that you were able to stick with it despite your weakness for "hot chips." LOL! You look great!!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!