Is it Cheating!

2»

Replies

• Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,151 Member
    Everything counts and the closer you get to goal, the more important that is going to be. You're only "cheating" yourself, when you're not accurate.
  • rosnigetsfit
    rosnigetsfit Posts: 569 Member
    Yes, you need to log everything you eat and drink. I even log my candies and gum.
  • WayneBradt
    WayneBradt Posts: 69 Member
    I heard somewhere it's only cheating if you get caught, but I'm not sure if that helps
  • SideSteel
    SideSteel Posts: 11,068 Member
    Are you making progress at a reasonable pace using your current methods? Then for now, it's fine.

Just realize that you do it, so that if/when your progress slows or stalls, you identify that you are likely eating more calories vs what you are logging, and you can correct that as needed if it becomes necessary/desirable.
  • CherokeeBabe
    CherokeeBabe Posts: 1,704 Member
    edited March 2015
    Ehhh, cheating yourself, yes. Cheating in general? Not exactly. It all comes down to how serious you are about your weight loss. Not logging things like butter and oil is definitely going to hurt in the long run, just like any fat or relatively high calorie item. I weigh everything down to the ounce, half ounce, whatever is necessary to stay on track. I don't weigh out super low calorie things like lettuce usually, but otherwise it all gets logged, even ketchup on a hot dog by the teaspoon/tablespoon, etc. I don't log salt by weight and a few dried herb items, but I do a close estimate and still add it in. I let up a bit while maintaining, but especially towards the end of weight loss you have to be very accurate to get the last few pounds gone.
  • AmandaHugginkiss
    AmandaHugginkiss Posts: 486 Member
    Make sure you weigh your lifesavers on a food scale so you can get the gram weight. Accuracy is everything.

Otherwise, just plan to log about 100 extra calories in spray butters and oils and maybe throw in another 50 or so for quick added calories.

Theres accuracy and there's insanity.
  • PaulaWallaDingDong
    PaulaWallaDingDong Posts: 4,641 Member
    In the realm of weight loss, if it works for you and you can keep at it, then do it. If you find that your "cheating" is cheating you out of the progress you're looking for, then you know what you have to do. If not, don't worry about it.