Replies

• palwithme
    palwithme Posts: 860 Member
    Options
    Congrats by the way. What an accomplishment#
  • CObluegrass
    CObluegrass Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    that's such a major achievement. congratulations!!!
  • craignev
    craignev Posts: 1,247 Member
    Options
    Excellent! How long has that taken you?
  • MrsMizart
    MrsMizart Posts: 1,275 Member
    Options
    Sorry, couldn't hear you - did you say something? :smiley:

Very, very well done :smiley:
  • TheSatinPumpkin
    TheSatinPumpkin Posts: 948 Member
    Options
    Amazing. Huge congratulations on your milestone and progress.
  • d3gus
    d3gus Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    Gosh such an achievement - I take my hat off to you x
  • WayneBradt
    WayneBradt Posts: 69 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options
    craignev wrote: »

Total time I would say about 2 years with some roller coastering but not to much, but I'm not there yet. Next milestone was my original goal weight of 199 lbs. (about 8-10 lbs. away) after that I have to reevaluate, most of the benchmarks I have looked at say I should weigh 160-180lbs (I'm 5'10"). which is 20-40 more pounds from my original goal weight. I have already experienced the law of diminishing returns and I fully expect that to become even greater. In my eyes the challenge is really starting now, because this will be the hardest 20-40lbs to lose by far. But I feel like my head is in the right place, I expect it to come off slower as I get closer. So as long as expectations are managed correctly I will get there.

@palwithme

The physiology of all of this has been interesting so far. This didn't start out and has never been about weight for me, it's just been about lifestyle and health, weight is just an easy metric to track my progress, and to be honest it's the fun part. My Bride and kids are super supportive, but the interesting part is the dynamic between me and everyone else close to me ( friends, family and co-workers). I don't want to say it's all them because I'm sure I have changed also. This lifestyle of being mindful of what I eat and exercising seems to be target practice for others. What I mean is it's not ok to judge someone for making unhealthy lifestyle choices because that would be rude, but it's open season on what I eat, how I eat it, log it, how much I exercise etc. It seems to be extreme to most in my life, I'm not sure where I stand on that but I do know whether it's extreme or not it's necessary for me. So I guess it just come down to, "to each there own" which is great in theory but may be difficult in practice.

• ewhip17
    ewhip17 Posts: 515 Member
    Options
    WayneBradt wrote: »
    craignev wrote: »

Next milestone was my original goal weight of 199 lbs. (about 8-10 lbs. away) after that I have to reevaluate, most of the benchmarks I have looked at say I should weigh 160-180lbs (I'm 5'10"). which is 20-40 more pounds from my original goal weight. I have already experienced the law of diminishing returns and I fully expect that to become even greater. In my eyes the challenge is really starting now, because this will be the hardest 20-40lbs to lose by far. But I feel like my head is in the right place, I expect it to come off slower as I get closer. So as long as expectations are managed correctly I will get there.

Yeah, we have similar stats, similar progress, etc. And honestly I finally hit a point where I just kind of knew it was enough. I felt good, I had made tons of progress, etc. and I just started to think "where does this stop"? So I made a very deliberate shift into "maintenance" with the idea of building back strength and overall fitness. My guess is that at some point you'll just "know" as well. Not sure if that helps at all... :-)
  • WayneBradt
    Options
    @ewhip that makes sense, but for me (outside looking in, and can always change) I think it will be how I feel at a given weight, which is how I interpret your "where does this stop" for me. My calorie deficit was intentionally a function of strength training and cardio to remove the variability of muscle loss in my weight loss metric. Thanks for the input, it gives me additional perspective.
  • WayneBradt
    Options
    jt880 wrote: »
    Good for you! I have exactly that left to lose myself. I'll shout when my scale is under 200 for the first time since highschool.

@jt88 I will as well, 199 was my initial goal too, I'm 8-10 lbs from it. Good luck to you
  • WayneBradt
    Options
    @jenniferbilyeu passing along some juju. Thanks for the kind words, you got this. GL
  • anthonyhere
    anthonyhere Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Congrats, I hope to follow in your footsteps!
  • Deedee1111111
    Deedee1111111 Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    yay! good job!!
  • hezemakiah
    hezemakiah Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    WOW that is fantastic! GREAT job! You SHOULD be proud of that and shout it from the rooftops! Kudos!!!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!