Define "cheating"

Options
LiquidSparkle86
LiquidSparkle86 Posts: 736 Member
So funny story i accidently posted this in the introduce yourself forum lol. Woops! Hi! My name is Kristen and i want to know what you think about morals cuz heres mine. My # of friend requests should go down increasingly after that one.
Anyway, what do you consider cheating? I think emotionaly and physically someone could cheat (risks increase with social media being at an peak). I'll be the first to say im not perfect but the emotional infidelity i took part in a long time ago was confessed with my husband and we both decided we had done some things with other people that should only be done in a marriage. What are your thoughts?!? Now that im in the correct forum lol.

Replies

• jazzine1
    jazzine1 Posts: 280 Member
    Options
    Ha found you....Here's my reply again :D

I think anything you cannot do in front of your partner you shouldn't be doing with someone else.
  • LiquidSparkle86
    LiquidSparkle86 Posts: 736 Member
    Options
    jazzine1 wrote: »
    Ha found you....Here's my reply again :D

I think anything you cannot do in front of your partner you shouldn't be doing with someone else.

Thanks for you grace in my mistake my dear! Im rediculous!!!! Made some waves this morning though!
  • jazzine1
    edited March 2015
    Options
    Ppl are still replying to your other post maybe you can share this link there and close it..somehow.

• Joshacham
    Joshacham Posts: 470 Member
    Options
    It depends on what the definition of what "is" is. Also eating is not cheating, we all know that.

Other than that, I mean one person in the relationship is actively seeking the attention of another person with intent to bed said person, that is cheating in my book.
  • jazzine1
    edited March 2015
    Options
    I know it has been said that cheating can even be emotionally not just physically. Sometimes a person can be emotionally involved with someone else and not have slept with them. For ex: you think about them all the time, you tex or talk with them a lot or you just wish you were with them.
  • 530roman
    530roman Posts: 1,819 Member
    Options
    I'll just try my best to sum it up in a few memes...

funny-memes-cheating.jpg

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRsqWgnyN2ibxVsSEne0r9G-eslWc3gcLMpFnSWeMbwmFcjm7J6

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRJFjBK0yYGICc4yTqWMmzxpKltq_TwmV54Qdr5PuGtVtb7lXSV
  • strozman
    strozman Posts: 2,623 Member
    Options
    images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRJFjBK0yYGICc4yTqWMmzxpKltq_TwmV54Qdr5PuGtVtb7lXSV[/quote]

OMG lmao I love that one
  • Bucky83
    Bucky83 Posts: 1,194 Member
    Options
    Anything that you have done with someone else that you believe you need to keep secret = cheating.

I was on the tail end of a guy doing that to his girlfriend. It was a 'chat' on the phone but to me it was considered cheating. He told me after our 'chat' that he had a girlfriend.

He never told her. Thus, because he kept it secret, I believe he cheated.

I never spoke to him again. I never want to be 'the other woman'.

• AU_Girl
    AU_Girl Posts: 24
    Options
    If you have to delete it, it is cheating, imo.
  • Bucky83
    Bucky83 Posts: 1,194 Member
    Options
    Bucky83 wrote: »
    Anything that you have done with someone else that you believe you need to keep secret = cheating.

I was on the tail end of a guy doing that to his girlfriend. It was a 'chat' on the phone but to me it was considered cheating. He told me after our 'chat' that he had a girlfriend.

He never told her. Thus, because he kept it secret, I believe he cheated.

I never spoke to him again. I never want to be 'the other woman'.

What was discussed in this "chat"?

Inappropriate things that he should be technically doing with her and not with me over the phone. :|
  • Timshel_
    Timshel_ Posts: 22,841 Member
    Options
    Anyway, what do you consider cheating?

Anything you need to hide from your SO is questionable.

• NewMeSM75
    NewMeSM75 Posts: 971 Member
    Options
    If I wouldn't say it or do it in front of my husband, I will not do it behind his back. I love and respect him too much. He feels the same....
  • kiousd
    kiousd Posts: 917 Member
    Options
    Cheating can be lots of different things.
    1 If you have to hide stuff or delete stuff because you know it's not ok.
    2 physical connection. No explanation needed.
    3 if you put more thought into someone besides your SO on a daily basis.
    4 if it's not ok to do in front of your SO it's not ok to do behind their back.
    In my opinion.
  • csuhar
    csuhar Posts: 779 Member
    Options
    For me, one of the first elements is that the act in question is done knowingly and willingly. That automatically covers pretty much all forms of sexual cheating while also providing protection to victims of sexual assault. You don't accidentally have an affair.

And that also factors in if people want to talk about things like emotional infidelity. It's one thing to simply happen to be opening up to someone in a manner you might not open up with your significant other. But it's another thing to knowingly hide things from them. You have that question of if they simply passively open up about certain things with someone else or if they're actively hiding that special connection. But even then, there are caveats. People with a shared, significant experience in their past might open up with those who've been through the same thing more readily than with those who have not. (That's part of why support groups work.)
  • Timshel_
    Options
    csuhar wrote: »
    You don't accidentally have an affair.

Not according to one girl in my life. lol. Of course, it was all my fault for having changed too. :|

• mkakids
    mkakids Posts: 1,913 Member
    Options
    Anything you have to lie about to your partner is cheating in some form or another.
  • Timshel_
    Options
    So if her butt does in fact look big in those jeans, if I lie, I've cheated?

Only death

• Riffraft1960
    Riffraft1960 Posts: 1,984 Member
    Options
    Chaelaz wrote: »

Not according to one girl in my life. lol. Of course, it was all my fault for having changed too. :|

I like the line I heard once when a person was explaining that his affair just happened. The other person questioned "So you were walking down the street one day, tripped and fell and your penis accidently entered her vagina? A mistake that any person could make."
  • kiousd
    kiousd Posts: 917 Member
    Options
    Chaelaz wrote: »

I like the line I heard once when a person was explaining that his affair just happened. The other person questioned "So you were walking down the street one day, tripped and fell and your penis accidently entered her vagina? A mistake that any person could make."

Lmao.