Quest Bars

Options
13»

Replies

• juggernaut1974
    juggernaut1974 Posts: 6,212 Member
    Options
    I pretty much have one a day to help supplement protein.

Contrary to most, I didn't care too much for Smores flavor, and I'm not a huge fan of the coconut, choc peanut butter, or banana flavors. The rest are good though. There hasn't been one where I said completely "yuck" tho.

They do get hard if you get them too cold...about broke my teeth on a cookie dough one that I left in my car while I was in the gym (it was about 10 degrees out).

Funny story - my grocery store carries them (yay!). Last time I stocked up the checkout lady commented that she loved eating them...she was pretty sure she was building all kinds of muscle eating them and was worried if she stopped eating them she was going to get all flabby again. I just rolled my eyes when she looked away and kept my mouth shut...not worth it. Mind you, she appeared to be about 80lbs overweight (and not from muscle).
  • PrizePopple
    PrizePopple Posts: 3,133 Member
    Options
    GNC Gold Card for $15 ... save $10 on a case. It comes out to $25 a case then, and I'll be buying another case next payday. :P

Favorites so far are Double Chocolate Chunk and Coconut Cashew.
  • kimberlynicole79
    kimberlynicole79 Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    wearmi1 wrote: »
    Has anyone eaten Quest bars before? How have they worked out for you? I was thinking of stashing a few in my purse for early mornings at work or for while running errands on the weekend and I don't have time to eat. I'm not looking to use them as a go to meal replacement all the time, but certainly to stand in for a meal from time to time.
    The only one I like is the smores. all others are like powerbars. Or the old power bars. Not sure if they changed those.
  • PeachyCarol
    PeachyCarol Posts: 8,029 Member
    Options
    I stopped eating them when it was revealed that the nutrition info is not what they claim. The issue was with carb and fiber count and apparently was found to be more carby and have less fiber than stated on the packaging. That's a deal breaker for me since I do keto and have to 'spend' my carbs sparingly.

If you do a bit of Googling, you can see that was all debunked.

• lynn1982
    lynn1982 Posts: 1,439 Member
    Options
    I think i might be the only person in the world who dislikes the taste of them. But if you like them, then why not?
  • JazzFischer1989
    JazzFischer1989 Posts: 531 Member
    Options
    I've only tried one flavor (strawberry cheesecake) and I thought it was disgusting. They do seem like a good way to get some extra protein though so I'm willing to try out another flavor like chocolate.
  • merbear787
    merbear787 Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    I actually found that when I eat a Quest Bar or Think Thin Bar, I usually end up feeling pretty bad and want to binge later. I don't know why but every time this happens to me! Does this happen to anyone else? I am trying to stick to more natural foods for now and want to try making my own protein bars at home :smile:
  • PeachyCarol
    PeachyCarol Posts: 8,029 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options
    MrM27 wrote: »
    I stopped eating them when it was revealed that the nutrition info is not what they claim. The issue was with carb and fiber count and apparently was found to be more carby and have less fiber than stated on the packaging. That's a deal breaker for me since I do keto and have to 'spend' my carbs sparingly.

If you do a bit of Googling, you can see that was all debunked.

The lawsuit was dismissed?

No, but I thought it couldn't be accurately assessed and that the way the suit tested for fiber wasn't accurate for the fiber type used. I could be wrong, though.

• aaliceinw
    aaliceinw Posts: 747 Member
    Options
    I always pack one just in case because I also battle to remember to eat lunch. They are handy, filling and there are soooo many flavours to choose from. Double chunk chocolate and the raspberry/white chocolate ones are my favourites.
  • amusedmonkey
    amusedmonkey Posts: 10,330 Member
    Options
    kruuTahn wrote: »
    Set an alert on Slickdeals, and you'll be able to get them every now and then for $1.50/bar.

You have no idea what you've done! Let's just say making me curious about that web site resulted in me getting a HUGE deal on a game I remember wanting to play but not wanting to pay $80 for. As luck has it it's only on sale till tomorrow. You've made my inner gamer very very happy.
  • KingofWisdom
    KingofWisdom Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    Can you taste the artificial sweetener in the Quest Bars? That would probably be a deal breaker for me.
  • ScorpioJack_91
    ScorpioJack_91 Posts: 5,241 Member
    Options
    Seems overhyped to me.
  • nickatine
    nickatine Posts: 451 Member
    Options
    Seems overhyped to me.
    Eat a cookies and cream quest bar or a cookie dough one and see for yourself.
  • FitPhillygirl
    FitPhillygirl Posts: 7,124 Member
    Options
    Can you taste the artificial sweetener in the Quest Bars? That would probably be a deal breaker for me.

I can't and I've been eating them for a while now.
  • kruuTahn
    kruuTahn Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    kruuTahn wrote: »
    Set an alert on Slickdeals, and you'll be able to get them every now and then for $1.50/bar.

You have no idea what you've done! Let's just say making me curious about that web site resulted in me getting a HUGE deal on a game I remember wanting to play but not wanting to pay $80 for. As luck has it it's only on sale till tomorrow. You've made my inner gamer very very happy.

From a fellow gamer, happy to do it! :smile:
  • jen_092
    jen_092 Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    For anyone else like me who struggles with the fiber content in these, I recommend trying some recipes that involve splitting the bar into 2-4 pieces and adding other ingredients. There's a list here and I think I'll be making the peanut butter cups and the caramel ball things. They're easier than many of the others, but they all look good!
    http://www.swansonvitamins.com/blog/chelsea/26-quest-bar-recipes-cheatclean
    I mean I love Quest bars but I eat 15-20 grams of fiber per day without them so adding them to my diet this week messed me up pretty bad haha.
  • Markdjones83
    Markdjones83 Posts: 852 Member
    Options
    What is so different between them and any other protein bar you get at the store?
  • Jayceca
    Jayceca Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Perhaps you should all read this article before you consider eating any more of those things.

http://blog.fooducate.com/2013/12/30/are-quest-bars-really-as-nutritious-as-claimed/