Candida or Paleo meal suggestions

Options
Oh boy: my hippie doctor thinks my long term issue has been Candida which is basically a fancy term for: bad bacteria overpowering the good. In order to get rid of it, here is my torture for the next 1 to 3 months:

*3 probiotic pills a day
*No sugar
*no complex carbs
*No fruits (they have sugar and that feeds the candida)
*no raw veggies (everything has to be cooked)

So I'm looking at the list and I'm like hey! that's paleo pretty much (A little bit modified since paleo allows sugar and I can't have raw veg)

Wish me luck. This is going to suck but I'm willing to try it. Maybe once and for all I can get rid of the mystery illness that has been ailing my body for a year and a half now.

Has anyone experienced this? Do you have recipes and meal ideas to share?

Day one :(

Replies

• jvaughn1031
    jvaughn1031 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Bueller?
  • KylaDenay
    KylaDenay Posts: 1,585 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options
    Pinterest....

Good luck!

Oh and for candida go to wholeapproach.com. A lot of good information for that there. Gives you an entire list of green, yellow and red foods...Meaning eat always, eat in moderation and stay away.
  • GlindaGoodwitch
    GlindaGoodwitch Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    My daughter had a similar issue, and the doctor suggested yogurt (probiotics) and there is also a powder that you can get at the healthfood store, to add to your drink - it's a probiotic and flavourless. :) It's called Flora something... and it's renew life brand. Good luck! It's a difficult change!
  • beemerphile1
    beemerphile1 Posts: 1,710 Member
    Options
    The candida yeast in your system is always there but kept in check by the good bacteria. If you use antibiotics it kills all bacteria, good and bad. That kill off allows an overgrowth of yeast. It is a fairly common issue after antibiotics but often misdiagnosed.

It sounds like you are on the right path and are being treated in a holistic manner rather than prescribing medication. In this day and age that is a rare step for a doctor to take.

Kudos to your doctor and good luck to you.

• RodaRose
    RodaRose Posts: 9,562 Member
    Options
    Candida is yeast/fungus. Keep meals simple if you want. Something like this works: a favorite meaet like some chicken or beef cooked with onion and garlic served with low starch vegetables like cauliflower or broccoli or yellow squash or a salad. For the salad use a salad dressing that has no sugar. You can make your own:

3/8 (1/4 + 1/8) cup vinegar

1/2 cup olive oil

1/4 tsp salt, or to taste

1/4 tsp mustard powder

1 clove garlic, crushed

1 heaping tsp oregano
  • jvaughn1031
    jvaughn1031 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone. It's going to be tough but I want to get rid of this thing (had it for a year and a half already) so I'm motivated to do it.
  • rhende24
    rhende24 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I'm doing the same thing...lots of greens! I went to www.thecandidadiet.com and there are several recipes on pinterest you just have to make sure they are truly following the diet...i've seen some claiming to be candida diet friendly that have CHEESE..which is def not allowed
  • beancybrat
    beancybrat Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    How is this going... I'm looking to do something similar