30 Day Shred - Calories Burned

Options
How are you accounting for calories burned if you're doing 30 Day Shred? I've just been putting it under general aerobics. I do suppose it depends how many reps you do in each portion so it's not possible to get a complete accurate count. Any suggestions?

Replies

• fireflutterfly
    fireflutterfly Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I recommend investing in a Heart Rate Monitor. Polar makes nice ones that are affordable. It's been an eye opening experience using mine for yoga, running, workout videos... etc. a lot of these trackers WAY over estimate calorie burn
  • Bj0223
    Bj0223 Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    I used circuit training and the amount MFP gave me was really close to my HRM number.
  • jms14letgo
    jms14letgo Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    Before I purchase my Polart FT7 HRM I would log it under circuit training... it was pretty close. But I also agree that Heart rate monitors are worth purchasing for accurate calorie burns. Especially if you eat back exercise calories or don't have a big deficit to work with like I do.
  • sfbaumgarten
    sfbaumgarten Posts: 912 Member
    Options
    Bj0223 wrote: »
    I used circuit training and the amount MFP gave me was really close to my HRM number.

Been a while, but I recall this being true for me too.
  • kateymorse
    kateymorse Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Great suggestions all! I'll look into a HRM for sure.
  • sw33tp3a11
    sw33tp3a11 Posts: 4,646 Member
    Options
    Buying a HRM is the best thing you can do to be accurate on the calorie burn while doing any type of excersice. Hope you are able to buy one.