How to count marinades

I am marinating some chicken in teriyaki sauce. How do I count the calories for marinades when it just coats the chicken?

Replies

• tsamons
    tsamons Posts: 26 Member
    I would like to know also. Last night I marinated 6 pork steaks in a cup of a bottled marinade. I removed all excess and did not use it on the grill. Do you divide the nutritional info for a cup by 6 servings?
  • Ready2Rock206
    Ready2Rock206 Posts: 9,487 Member
    I generally log it as 1/2. So 6 servings of chicken = 12 servings of marinade.
  • Measure the marinade, then divide that by the amount of chicken pieces, then divide that in half again since most of the marinade stays in the bag.

Say you put four pieces in 100 calories worth of marinade. So 25 cals. each piece, then half again is added only 12.5 cals. each.

This is the formula I got from my trainer, she was still in school to become a nutritionist too. I had great results with her and I followed her diet plan to the T. So....hope that helps.

She also said to marinade in a ziplock bag with all the air pushed out so it is easier to keep the chicken covered in marinade while using less of it. Saves money since you dump all the marinade the chicken was sitting in anyway. :flowerforyou: