Replies

• saramatthews919
    saramatthews919 Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    I would recommend charlotte crosby belly blitz works wonders
  • lme3232
    lme3232 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Eliminate sugar! I've never been "skinny"' but I always had a flat stomachs (I say had cause that all changed after my second baby) but I would often get asked how I had such a flat tummy and i truly believe it was because I rarely ate sugar. Maybe once a month I would eat a bit of chocolate but that was about it. Sugar has been proven to put on belly fat. It's hard at first to cut out but you honestly lose your taste for it. Good luck!
  • meganjcallaghan
    meganjcallaghan Posts: 949 Member
    Options
    I'd be interested to see the peer reviewed medical studies that say sugar is proven to put on belly fat. I've only ever seen "bro science" on that
  • rybo
    rybo Posts: 5,424 Member
    Options
    This is like a twilight zone thread. For every good advice post there is one that's bizarre.

Posture, loose skin and genetics can all play a role in how difficult it is to reduce your "pooch". A solid weight training program focusing on total body & compound moves will be a good start. Eat at maintenance or slightly above and do a recomp. While a decent amount of protein intake is good, don't expect miracles just from eating lots of it.
  • lisaanne1369
    lisaanne1369 Posts: 377 Member
    Options
    Just watch Pulp Fiction.
    nothing wrong with a little pot belly, like Modonna had in Lucky Star!
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    lme3232 wrote: »
    Eliminate sugar! I've never been "skinny"' but I always had a flat stomachs (I say had cause that all changed after my second baby) but I would often get asked how I had such a flat tummy and i truly believe it was because I rarely ate sugar. Maybe once a month I would eat a bit of chocolate but that was about it. Sugar has been proven to put on belly fat. It's hard at first to cut out but you honestly lose your taste for it. Good luck!

you dont eat fruit?
  • KarenJanine
    KarenJanine Posts: 3,497 Member
    Options

Please could you provide a link to this proof, I'd be interested to read it.

• Sued0nim
    Sued0nim Posts: 17,456 Member
    Options
    Thank you all for the advice! I am trying to gain muscle primarily. I lift what I can, with free weights I'm up to 15-20 pounds on the bar but with machines I can do more. It is discouraging to have a specific problem area and not be able to do much about it except for wait. I'll look at some of the links shared and really focus on increasing my protein intake.

progressive weight training like strong lifts 5x5 etc whilst eating in a defecit

and to the poster who suggested cutting out sugar .. NOPE!
  • RGv2
    RGv2 Posts: 5,789 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options

tumblr_m1vknqkfDX1qeyt27o1_500.gif
    This is like a twilight zone thread. For every good advice post there is one that's bizarre.

Posture, loose skin and genetics can all play a role in how difficult it is to reduce your "pooch". A solid weight training program focusing on total body & compound moves will be a good start. Eat at maintenance or slightly above and do a recomp. While a decent amount of protein intake is good, don't expect miracles just from eating lots of it.

This is solid advice here OP, and make sure you swing by the "so you want a nice stomach" thread.