Whole 30 Ideas...

Options
laols01
laols01 Posts: 57 Member
Hi guys and gals of MFP!

I am currently on day 5 of my Whole30 and have had a decent mix of foods incorporated into my diet: hard boiled eggs, salmon, tilapia, chicken, nitrate/nitrite free sausage, veggies (from asparagus to butternut squash to leafy greens, etc), avacado, almonds/walnuts, omelets with veggies and strip steak. I'm struggling to find other ideas and fear I'll soon be burnt out. Ideas?

Also, I am definitely below my calorie goals while doing this. I know added sugars are empty calories, but I don't want to eat too under my goals as I know I need calories too. Thoughts?

Thanks for the input! I look forward to hearing your ideas.

Replies

• KylaDenay
    KylaDenay Posts: 1,585 Member
    Options
    Is there a reason why you are doing whole 30?

Add more fats to help reach goal.
  • laols01
    Options
    I'm getting the majority of healthy fats from the avacado, nuts, eggs, and sausage. I'm at about 28% fat over the last few days, but calories are about 500 short. I'm doing it as I'm currently insulin resistant as a result of PCOS and have chronic migraines. Figured it wouldn't hurt to try eliminating some of the things that supposedly cause those problems.
  • KylaDenay
    Options
    laols01 wrote: »
    I'm getting the majority of healthy fats from the avacado, nuts, eggs, and sausage. I'm at about 28% fat over the last few days, but calories are about 500 short. I'm doing it as I'm currently insulin resistant as a result of PCOS and have chronic migraines. Figured it wouldn't hurt to try eliminating some of the things that supposedly cause those problems.

Add more fat....olive oil, coconut oil, grass-fed butter.

Also there is a PCOS thread here. Maybe someone can post it for me.
  • laols01
    Options
    Oh awesome! I'll check that out. Thanks!
  • KylaDenay
    edited March 2015
    Options
    I found it...here you go!

http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/3070-p-c-o-sis

There is a lot of good information there from people who have it. I am seeing a lot of people doing low carb who suffer from PCOS.

Good luck!
  • lishie_rebooted
    lishie_rebooted Posts: 2,973 Member
    Options
    ibreatheimhungry.com