1200 Calories for everyone?

Options
2»

Replies

• Ready2Rock206
    Ready2Rock206 Posts: 9,488 Member
    Options
    I joined 2 weeks ago and my count is 1080 for a 1.5lb per week loss so the minimum isn't 1200

Copied this from another post - you'll want to fix that low goal...

There is a bug on the iPhone app that is giving people goals under 1200. You can go to the website and manually change it (using the link one of the admins, Rachel, posted here: community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10098647/extremely-low-calorie-goals#latest).
  • qn4bx9pzg8aifd
    qn4bx9pzg8aifd Posts: 258 Member
    Options
    gothchiq wrote: »
    uhhhh the Baylor thing says I would maintain at 1095 calories a day for an hour or less of exercise a day? I would die. Even I burn more than that.
    Yeah, it said 900-something for me. I'm small, but I'm not that small!

My MFP goal is 1200, and it's legit for my size, age, activity level, etc. That's with a 0.5lb/week goal. But generally speaking, most people would have a goal significantly higher than that to lose weight at an appropriate rate.

After it generated a number of 918 for me (which promptly resulted in my laughing out loud), I looked over the text above the fill-in-the-blanks section, and it indicated that the calculator was to be used to "Find out how many calories to eat each day and how much of the different food groups are needed to provide those calories for a healthy diet for ages 2 to 20 years." -- I haven't been in that age group for quite some time... ;)