raw fruits and vegetable diet

Options
rabbiaa
rabbiaa Posts: 30 Member
hi all, i am trying to get in shape i am at the BMI 29 which is so depressing... :neutral_face: i want to just kick start my weightloss kindly share your experiences about raw food diet plz ... is it worthy to do this???? weightloss occurs or not???

Replies

• Alyssa_Is_LosingIt
    Alyssa_Is_LosingIt Posts: 4,696 Member
    Options
    It's not necessary to torture yourself or to "kickstart" your weight loss. 99% of the time, kickstart is just water weight.

Just start tracking your food and eating in a calorie deficit. The weight will come off.
  • rabbiaa
    Options
    It's not necessary to torture yourself or to "kickstart" your weight loss. 99% of the time, kickstart is just water weight.

Just start tracking your food and eating in a calorie deficit. The weight will come off.

you are right but i am stuck :neutral_face: no weight is coming off i have tried every thing.... so to not make it super depressing i just wanna some weight quickly i know it would be water weight but to do healthy changes to my lifestyles i wanna do this
  • Lezavargas
    Lezavargas Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    I have huge success with this. Ill do my version of a faste occasssionally and eat nothing but veggies for 3 days or so. Its amazing how great i feel and the weight falls off. Its not a plan you can do heavy workouts on because there isnt enough protein or carbs but its a great way to do a quick slim down. Its also very effective if you are trying to isolate foods you have allergies or sensitivities to. If you are only eating low reactive veggies and you start adding in other foods, you will VERY quickly find what foods trigger negative inflammatory responses in your body. This is too restrictive for me at this stage but it is a great periodic faste that can be very effective for alot of purposes!
  • randomtai
    randomtai Posts: 9,003 Member
    Options
    Lezavargas wrote: »
    I have huge success with this. Ill do my version of a faste occasssionally and eat nothing but veggies for 3 days or so. Its amazing how great i feel and the weight falls off. Its not a plan you can do heavy workouts on because there isnt enough protein or carbs but its a great way to do a quick slim down. Its also very effective if you are trying to isolate foods you have allergies or sensitivities to. If you are only eating low reactive veggies and you start adding in other foods, you will VERY quickly find what foods trigger negative inflammatory responses in your body. This is too restrictive for me at this stage but it is a great periodic faste that can be very effective for alot of purposes!

So much wrong with this. :noway:
  • socioseguro
    socioseguro Posts: 1,679 Member
    Options
    HI: In order to lose body weight you have to eat at a deficit, meaning calories burned > calories ingested.
    Use MFP tool and measure and weight most of your food. Try to eat healthy and exercise if you can. It helps.
    Good luck in your healthy journey
  • Alyssa_Is_LosingIt
    Options
    rabbiaa wrote: »

you are right but i am stuck :neutral_face: no weight is coming off i have tried every thing.... so to not make it super depressing i just wanna some weight quickly i know it would be water weight but to do healthy changes to my lifestyles i wanna do this

What do you mean by "tried everything"? Do you have a food scale? Do you accurately track everything that you eat? Are you 100% honest with yourself?

Or are you looking for a miracle?
  • Holly_Roman_Empire
    Holly_Roman_Empire Posts: 4,440 Member
    Options
    Lezavargas wrote: »

Did the OP say they had an inflammatory response in their body? How is this helpful at all?
  • rabbiaa
    Options

What do you mean by "tried everything"? Do you have a food scale? Do you accurately track everything that you eat? Are you 100% honest with yourself?

at a plateau kind of thing
  • satisfyingmyinnerfatkid
    Options

You didn't answer any of her questions.. I'd be interested in knowing if you use a food scale. I love mine and find it to be a MUST for being as accurate as I can be when tracking.
  • Alyssa_Is_LosingIt
    Options

Plateaus are normal. You don't need to do anything drastic to start losing again. Maybe you need to re-evaluate your calorie needs. Take a break, eat at maintenance. Start lifting weights, focus on your fitness for a while.

Doing something like a raw fruits and vegetables diet is not necessary and can lead to binges or failure. There is no need for that.
  • sweetpea03b
    sweetpea03b Posts: 1,124 Member
    Options
    Everyone thinks they've hit a "plateau" as soon as they stop losing. How long has it been since you had a loss? weight loss is not linear. Sometimes you will go a week or so without a loss, its all part of the process. Usually you can tighten things up by weighing foods, etc and you will see a loss. Doing these "kickstart" things by only eating veggies for a certain time, etc. is a really bad plan. Did you see "Fat, Sick & Nearly Dead 2"? Do you remember hearing when the Doc said fasting was a bad weight loss plan because you lose too much muscle mass and end up "skinny fat"?
  • randomtai
    randomtai Posts: 9,003 Member
    Options

Plateaus are normal. You don't need to do anything drastic to start losing again. Maybe you need to re-evaluate your calorie needs. Take a break, eat at maintenance. Start lifting weights, focus on your fitness for a while.

Doing something like a raw fruits and vegetables diet is not necessary and can lead to binges or failure. There is no need for that.

Everything this person said was completely on point.
  • rabbiaa
    Options

You didn't answer any of her questions.. I'd be interested in knowing if you use a food scale. I love mine and find it to be a MUST for being as accurate as I can be when tracking.
    yes yes i do us food scale and measured food which i eat
  • rabbiaa
    Options
    randomtai wrote: »

ok will do it thank you so much :smile: i really appreciated each and every advice u made
  • satisfyingmyinnerfatkid
    Options

Cool :-) Yeah people are giving great advice.. maybe also look for a new fitness program that gets you excited.. maybe Zumba? Maybe a new Beachbody DVD? I don't know what you like.. maybe rollerblades? The possbilities are endless for exciting workouts.
  • rabbiaa
    Options
    Everyone thinks they've hit a "plateau" as soon as they stop losing. How long has it been since you had a loss? weight loss is not linear. Sometimes you will go a week or so without a loss, its all part of the process. Usually you can tighten things up by weighing foods, etc and you will see a loss. Doing these "kickstart" things by only eating veggies for a certain time, etc. is a really bad plan. Did you see "Fat, Sick & Nearly Dead 2"? Do you remember hearing when the Doc said fasting was a bad weight loss plan because you lose too much muscle mass and end up "skinny fat"?

yeah right i got it :smile:
  • rabbiaa
    Options

yeah right i got it :smile:

since last month i didn't lose weight
  • rabbiaa
    Options

Cool :-) Yeah people are giving great advice.. maybe also look for a new fitness program that gets you excited.. maybe Zumba? Maybe a new Beachbody DVD? I don't know what you like.. maybe rollerblades? The possbilities are endless for exciting workouts.

ohhh thanks for your kind advice i will incorporate these workout soon :smile:
  • Alyssa_Is_LosingIt
    Options
    randomtai wrote: »

ok will do it thank you so much :smile: i really appreciated each and every advice u made

Good luck!
  • PikaKnight
    PikaKnight Posts: 34,971 Member
    Options

Do you weigh out everything or a majority of the food you eat and drink? Or just some? Do you log everything and do it every day? How consistent have you been?

Are you eating exercise calories back? If so, how are you calculating the burns?

Could you open your diary?