Personal rewards - please share yours

Options
I plan on taking a trip as a reward when I lose the final 10 lbs of my 25 lbs weight loss goal. In addition to research fitness during my free time, I'm often planning my itinerary for my reward trip, looking at plane tickets, hotels, etc. I normally wouldn't plan for a trip this compulsively - for me it's mostly about keeping focused on something positive and having that reward tied up with and contingent upon good fitness.

I'm wondering if other people are using/have used this motivational tool. Would anyone be willing to share their personal rewards they have set for reaching their own weight loss goals?

Replies

• boberrymom
    boberrymom Posts: 362 Member
    Options
    I would love to renew my vows in a much smaller dress than what i got married in. I can now finally fit in my wedding dress from 12 years ago....finally, so i'm on the right track.

That would be the only thing i would want.
  • pbrinnm
    pbrinnm Posts: 39
    Options
    My reward will be a week at one of those wellness, fitness, outdoorsy resorts that has a great spa. I'm looking at one in Utah.
  • koing
    koing Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    No rewards apart from being in phenomenal shape and the satisfaction that I can diet down to single digits. I've never diet in 15yrs, been pretty much bulking for 15yrs LOL.

Koing
  • NOLA19
    NOLA19 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Some of mine have been fitness based rewards rather than weight loss specific. After the first 3 5k's of the year I got a Keurig (sp?) and then after 6 5k's I am buying new running shoes. I haven't decided yet what I will do for the 9 and 12 marks but I like the idea of a spa day or a trip
  • marie_2454
    marie_2454 Posts: 881 Member
    Options
    Once I reach my ultimate goal weight and fitness goals (run a half marathon and lower my BF% to 16-18%) then I'm getting another tattoo. Mostly likely a sunflower going up my side. I'm from Kansas, plus sunflowers are my favorite flower, but I'm moving out of the state at the end of the year. I'm already pretty close to my goals, so the plan is to get the tat before I move.
  • SkinnyMsFitness
    SkinnyMsFitness Posts: 389 Member
    Options
    Hi! I've only lost 33 lbs & have 50 to go, but I am super proud of myself! This is MUCH better progress than I've ever done my entire life (28 yrs). I do feel like rewards are in order. I think that when I'm buying new (smaller) clothing and giving away my old (bigger) clothing it's pretty d*mn rewarding...or the fact that I 'actually' feel happy! There's so many great rewards naturally, I don't know how to contain myself! lol

However, a trip does sound wonderful...maybe I'll have to work on one for myself when I'm closer to my goal weight. Thanks for sharing...and asking!
  • Pearsquared
    Pearsquared Posts: 1,656 Member
    Options
    I have a reward for every ten pounds, lol.

170 was a candle
    160 was posters and frames
    150 is a haircut and highlights
    140 is new boots and fashion jewelry
    130 is new clothes
  • rdjc81
    rdjc81 Posts: 5
    Options
    Pamela_1404, you've "only" lost 33 lbs? That is a huge accomplishment and you have every right to be super proud of yourself! To lose that much weight you had to have made a complete lifestyle change - keep living your new life and the remaining pounds will take care of themselves. Best of luck.
  • koing
    koing Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    Hi! I've only lost 33 lbs & have 50 to go, but I am super proud of myself! This is MUCH better progress than I've ever done my entire life (28 yrs). I do feel like rewards are in order. I think that when I'm buying new (smaller) clothing and giving away my old (bigger) clothing it's pretty d*mn rewarding...or the fact that I 'actually' feel happy! There's so many great rewards naturally, I don't know how to contain myself! lol

However, a trip does sound wonderful...maybe I'll have to work on one for myself when I'm closer to my goal weight. Thanks for sharing...and asking!

Great job losing 33lbs!

Koing
  • jweluv
    jweluv Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Like pearsquared I have lots of rewards for myself. Some are based on weight lost, some on eating goals (like meeting goal 9 out of 10 days) and some are monthly goals as long as I'm still working on it. I started doing this hoping it would help since I have always quit in the past even if I'm losing because it's usually really slow. Some of my rewards are small like a workout video, earrings, makeup, etc... These are items I would usually buy whenever I wanted so it's not a big deal to just make them rewards for being on goal. Some of my bigger goals are a massage, vacation, tattoo, tinted windows for my car,...anything over a $100. Great progress!