Elliptical vs. Treadmill?

Options
2»

Replies

• Joel33mfp
    Joel33mfp Posts: 23
    Options
    If you have knee issue or are heavy then an eliptical is the best choice... I also like that for doing sprints you don't have to change the setting... Just move faster. But the others are right... If you don't have any issues with your knee or weight then pick the one you like best... The other thing... You have a gym membership... If it not the kind of gym you can ask the trainers to help show you something, then maybe it's time for a new gym... I know at my gym I'm one of the few that will walk up to people and give random tips or ask if they have questions. A lot of trainers are full of themselves, but if you find one who enjoys their job and helping people then ask away. That's part of our job... The YouTube videos are a good idea, just be careful as you can miss some key tips about form and not get the most out of the workout. Good luck with your choices.
  • atypicalsmith
    atypicalsmith Posts: 2,742 Member
    Options
    The only
    Joel33mfp wrote: »
    If you have knee issue or are heavy then an eliptical is the best choice... I also like that for doing sprints you don't have to change the setting... Just move faster. But the others are right... If you don't have any issues with your knee or weight then pick the one you like best... The other thing... You have a gym membership... If it not the kind of gym you can ask the trainers to help show you something, then maybe it's time for a new gym... I know at my gym I'm one of the few that will walk up to people and give random tips or ask if they have questions. A lot of trainers are full of themselves, but if you find one who enjoys their job and helping people then ask away. That's part of our job... The YouTube videos are a good idea, just be careful as you can miss some key tips about form and not get the most out of the workout. Good luck with your choices.

The only time I've ever had a knee problem is using the elliptical. My right knee went "CRUNCH" about the second pedal and I could barely walk for two weeks. I tried again a couple of years later and the same thing happened. I've never heard of this happening to anyone else. But I won't ever get on one again, even though they look like they are a lot of fun.