Help I need motivation!!!!

Options
I need motivation to eat healthier and to start running again! I did XC in college during the fall semester, and I'm doing track once it starts in two weeks, and I really haven't run since XC ended in November, (meaning I've run twice.)

I need some motivation to get back out there and run. Despite how much I've tried to self-motivate myself, nothing's worked. HELP.

I also need motivation to eat healthier. I buy healthy fruits and veggies, but when it comes around to eating them, I would much prefer chips or something unhealthy, which is bad. How can I gain motivation to eat healthier?

Thank you!!!!

Replies

• melly0405
    melly0405 Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    I think the exercise and healthy eating go hand in hand. After a few days of doing one or both it will get easier. I tend to eat better when I'm working out. No more excuses get out there and go for a run!! Come on you can do it.
  • brahmergirl
    brahmergirl Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    I don't know if you can get it in your area but look up bountifulbaskets.org That is the coolest food coop ever! It has helped me to eat better for sure! Keep a KIND bar with you that is protein and delicious! This keeps me from eating junk and I drink water all the time. I just have to tell myself I am going to eat healthy but some days, you just have to cheat! If I get in my car and drive to the gym, then I will work out, I just have to walk out the door! :)
  • kp7665
    kp7665 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I don't know if you can get it in your area but look up bountifulbaskets.org That is the coolest food coop ever! It has helped me to eat better for sure! Keep a KIND bar with you that is protein and delicious! This keeps me from eating junk and I drink water all the time. I just have to tell myself I am going to eat healthy but some days, you just have to cheat! If I get in my car and drive to the gym, then I will work out, I just have to walk out the door! :)

Unfortunately there aren't any in my area :(
  • brahmergirl
    Options
    are there any other food coops? I had to google ours to know there is one 20 minutes away that I never knew existed and we are a rural farming community.
  • brahmergirl
    Options
    Look at some new recipes, try some new veggies or fruits from the grocery store and if you have never tried them, eat a KIND bar! They are the besttttt!!!!
  • kp7665
    Options
    Look at some new recipes, try some new veggies or fruits from the grocery store and if you have never tried them, eat a KIND bar! They are the besttttt!!!!

I picked up some kind bars today!! Thank you!
  • brahmergirl
    Options
    They...are...the...best!!! Hope you like them! My favorite is the caramel sea salt and the cherry chocolate ones...But I haven't met one I didn't like yet! ;) And your welcome!
  • kp7665
    Options
    They...are...the...best!!! Hope you like them! My favorite is the caramel sea salt and the cherry chocolate ones...But I haven't met one I didn't like yet! ;) And your welcome!

Thanks! I got the dark chocolate ones! :smile:
  • phyllb
    phyllb Posts: 735 Member
    Options

Love those kind bars. Total rescue when missing meals or snack time
  • helenleeeeee
    helenleeeeee Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I have a big problem with eating veggies too. So much that my nutritionist gave me homework to pick a new or different one each week & find 3-4 ways to prepare it. It's helped so far. Maybe you could do something similar?