What's The Deal With Boiled Eggs?

Options
2»

Replies

• tinascar2015
    tinascar2015 Posts: 413 Member
    Options
    Hmm. Interesting. My husband, who quit a deadly drinking habit almost 22 years ago, is on Lipitor, eats healthy about 90% of the time, and his cholesterol numbers are high enough to have been printed out in red on his last report a month ago. I wonder if he did some damage to his liver all those years ago, making it more difficult for him to get those numbers down. Or maybe it's a genetic thing.

Despite my absolutely embarrassing-fat-sugar-carb-obsessive-compulsive approach to eating that preceded this weight-loss journey in mid-January, my numbers weren't as bad as his, even though my diet was far worse. I made it under 200, which surprised me, and I'm sure my numbers have dropped considerably by now.
  • HeySwoleSister
    HeySwoleSister Posts: 1,938 Member
    Options
    Eggs are awesome. Try some Fox point seasoning from Penzeys to make them extra delicious.

And, haven't the guidelines for dietary cholesterol been revised to reflect recent studies that show little-to-no link between dietary and serum cholesterol?
  • 4leighbee
    4leighbee Posts: 1,275 Member
    Options
    Hmm. Interesting. My husband, who quit a deadly drinking habit almost 22 years ago, is on Lipitor, eats healthy about 90% of the time, and his cholesterol numbers are high enough to have been printed out in red on his last report a month ago. I wonder if he did some damage to his liver all those years ago, making it more difficult for him to get those numbers down. Or maybe it's a genetic thing.

Despite my absolutely embarrassing-fat-sugar-carb-obsessive-compulsive approach to eating that preceded this weight-loss journey in mid-January, my numbers weren't as bad as his, even though my diet was far worse. I made it under 200, which surprised me, and I'm sure my numbers have dropped considerably by now.

Good for your husband!!!!! Fantastic!!
    (And I had cholesterol well over 200 as a teenager who played two sports a season (including cross country and track), who didn't eat meat, and who rarely ate fried foods. It's still over 200 ... sadface.)
  • Pantera69
    Pantera69 Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    Boiled eggs are tasty
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,867 Member
    Options

genetics are a huge factor.
  • mirrim52
    mirrim52 Posts: 763 Member
    Options

It is generally genetic. The liver is an amazing organ, and if he quit drinking 22 years ago, it is unlikely to be affecting his cholesterol now. I have a coworker who is a healthy, active woman, who was on cholesterol medication by the time she was 30.
  • PRMinx
    PRMinx Posts: 4,585 Member
    Options
    I eat two hardboiled eggs every morning
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Options
    I usually boil up about 8-10 a week and eat 2-3 daily.

none issue.

(PS this is coupled with the 4-6 egg scrambled veggie platter I make myself for dinner.

fat kid problems and all.

I have excellent cholesterol. Says my very recent blood work.
  • FitPhillygirl
    FitPhillygirl Posts: 7,124 Member
    Options
    I eat whole eggs everyday and do not have a cholesterol problem.
  • canary_girl
    canary_girl Posts: 366 Member
    Options
    Eat your eggs and bake them, not boil, in a muffin pan. You'll thank me later.