getting started, again.

Options
kmlong2015
kmlong2015 Posts: 515 Member
I keep going a solid like... 3 weeks.
And then falling off the wagon.
Goddamn determination is slim to none.
I need to tell myself its okay to help myself, and believe it!
Here we go again.
This body needs to change! Im only 20, I need this.
Right?

Replies

• r5d5
    r5d5 Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    I'm right there with ya! I'll have a nice streak and then...I become lax. Motivation can only come from within the individual, but I can tell you right now, you are capable of this! If you can go solid for three weeks, I know you can make it to four weeks! One step at a time!
    To keep myself focused and with "the eye on the prize," I've strung up some "before" pics around my room to remind myself why I want to change in the first place. It's helping :) I want to tear those suckers down and put up my after pictures!
    Don't feel like you have to have this huge reserve of motivation and determination. Just face each day as it's own challenge to be conquered. Those small victories can add up to weeks of wonderful success!

best of wishes to you!
  • kmlong2015
    kmlong2015 Posts: 515 Member
    Options
    r5d5 wrote: »
    I'm right there with ya! I'll have a nice streak and then...I become lax. Motivation can only come from within the individual, but I can tell you right now, you are capable of this! If you can go solid for three weeks, I know you can make it to four weeks! One step at a time!
    To keep myself focused and with "the eye on the prize," I've strung up some "before" pics around my room to remind myself why I want to change in the first place. It's helping :) I want to tear those suckers down and put up my after pictures!
    Don't feel like you have to have this huge reserve of motivation and determination. Just face each day as it's own challenge to be conquered. Those small victories can add up to weeks of wonderful success!

best of wishes to you!

Whoa. Ive never thought about pics on my wall. Ive always heard that motivation isnt as impprtant as determination. Thank you for your wise words!
  • needernt
    needernt Posts: 675 Member
    Options
    My motivation comes from reading and adding to my information. Yahoo is a good resource to keep myself updated with the new discoveries about physical fitness and well being.
    Bombard yourself with information!
  • sarahburke0729
    sarahburke0729 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Great idea with before and after pics! :-)