balancing protein and fat

Options
When I look at my pie chart, I am always high on the fat and low on the protein. Anyone able to get the recommended amounts? What are you eating to get it? I am not worried about my amounts....just curious.

Replies

• Mistizoom
    Mistizoom Posts: 578 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options
    I eat 65% fat and 25% protein - about 100 g each every day. No problems reaching either, I eat regular food, meat, eggs, veggies, full fat dairy (other than milk), nuts and nut butters, use butter, coconut oil, olive oil or animal fats in cooking.
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,575 Member
    Options
    Well, are you using the standard MFP ratios or did you set yours up for yourself? My protein minimum is 110 grams (I prefer to be in the 130s) and my fat minimum is 50 grams (and I prefer to be in the 60s). That's pretty easy.

How are your macros set up?
  • yarwell
    yarwell Posts: 10,477 Member
    Options
    closed diary so we can only guess. Eating lower fat / higher protein options should fix it like chicken breast or protein shakes.
  • crazygooselady
    crazygooselady Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    I am thinking it is probably that I am eating thighs instead of breast, pork shoulder instead of loin. But... I am cheap and like the fuller fat better...not as dry. As suggested if I had a shake I might get to the levels that MFP suggests. I am full feeling all day, no health problems that the fat would aggravate, so
    I will keep on with what I am doing, which is mostly saying no to seconds and thirds and staying within a few hundred of the suggested calories.
  • crazygooselady
    crazygooselady Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    And thanks for your replies!.
  • RodaRose
    RodaRose Posts: 9,562 Member
    Options
    I am thinking it is probably that I am eating thighs instead of breast, pork shoulder instead of loin. But... I am cheap and like the fuller fat better...not as dry. As suggested if I had a shake I might get to the levels that MFP suggests. I am full feeling all day, no health problems that the fat would aggravate, so
    I will keep on with what I am doing, which is mostly saying no to seconds and thirds and staying within a few hundred of the suggested calories.
    The calories that MFP recommends already have you at a deficit. You need to eat the protein that MFP recommends. You can disregard the carbs, but the protein is very important.