The night owl

Options
FvF3
FvF3 Posts: 28 Member
not being able to sleep is one problem. Not being able to accupy your mind and keep it off mindless snacking just adds to the stress of a late night lounger.
So in the great words of The Grinch, "Am I just eating because I'm bored?" Haha just trying to keep my hands busy with motivational friends on here rather than in a bag of chips! Good luck!

Replies

• azulvioleta6
    azulvioleta6 Posts: 4,195 Member
    Options
    Well, I am a night owl, but I gave up evening snacking several years ago.

Find things to keep yourself from being bored!

It sounds like you need something to do with your hands. Could you take up knitting, crochet, fly tying, beading or some similar craft?
  • melly0405
    melly0405 Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    I'm not a night owl but I am a snicker and once I start I don't stop. Reaching out is good I also try to redirect my self to other activities like crossword puzzles, reading etc
  • wonko221
    wonko221 Posts: 292 Member
    Options
    i've worked my late night snack into my calorie budget.

Air-popped popcorn, lightly salted, with no butter. is surprisingly acceptable for a mindless snack if i'm watching a movie. Granted, it isn't the same as oil-drenched movie popcorn, but it scratches the itch.

A handful of grape tomatoes is satisfying if i just want something sweet to snack on while i'm catching up on reddit.

If i'm just feeling a pang of hunger and want to get some sleep, a banana and a glass of water usually goes down quick and does the trick.

and i've also learned - don't lie there tossing and turning. Get up, grab a book, and read a bit. Give your mind something to do other than worry about the time. It's usually enough for me to get over the hump and find restful sleep.