Myfitnesspal and jawbone

Hi guys,

MFP is linked to my jawbone app. I'm adding all my food into this site as I find it easier to use but when I look at the scores it gives me for food on jawbone they don't translate correctly. For example, eating an apple and banana gives me a really low score and puts it in the bracket of food to avoid. This can't be right?! Is the Problem with MFP or Jawbone? Has anyone else found this?

Replies

• SezxyStef
    SezxyStef Posts: 15,268 Member
    I ignore jawbone and the food thing...some of the food ratings are silly...the apple/banana could be the sugar content.
  • pauluscarrier
    pauluscarrier Posts: 2 Member
    Yeah that's kinda what I was thinking. Thanks for the reply :smile:
  • altogirl2
    altogirl2 Posts: 105 Member
    I have the Jawbone UP24 and it does the same thing. I wish I could remove it from the UP app but haven't found a way. I try to ignore it since it makes absolutely no sense.
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,151 Member
    SezxyStef wrote: »
    I ignore jawbone and the food thing...some of the food ratings are silly...the apple/banana could be the sugar content.

+1
  • editorgrrl
    editorgrrl Posts: 7,060 Member
    You can learn more in the MFPJawbone UP Bracelet group: http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/13420-jawbone-up-bracelet

Ignore UP's green "food score." I also ignore MFP's "this food is high in whatever" comments.

Your UP total burn is TDEE—way more accurate than any online calculator. If you eat at a reasonable deficit from that, you will lose weight.