Need motivation for this afternoon!! [[ideas appreciated!]]

Options
So today at work there is a "cookie baking contest"-- Everyone anonymously brings in 2 dozen of their best cookies, and we have a competition to decide whose are the best.

GUYS.

What do I DO??? How do I get through this afternoon without binge-eating cookies?? Any ideas?

HALP!!

Replies

• dawnmcneil10
    dawnmcneil10 Posts: 638 Member
    Options
    I always picture the cookies came from disgustingly dirty kitchens.
  • deannaaaaaaaaa
    deannaaaaaaaaa Posts: 238 Member
    Options
    omg haha. that could work.
  • bellabutt3
    bellabutt3 Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    Wow! Surrounded by enemies LOL
    Its okay, show some restraint if you can, and if you mess up remember tomorrow is another day! Who's in charge... you or the cookie?! :)
  • deannaaaaaaaaa
    Options
    I was able to restrain myself last night (when I was baking my own cookie entry) and only ate one cookie, to test-- I was sooooo proud of myself. I'll just have to do that again haha. #day two
  • yayamom3
    yayamom3 Posts: 939 Member
    Options
    I was in a similar situation a few days ago. I'm proud to say I was able to successfully talk myself through it. I had a conversation in my head where I asked myself, "Is this the last time you will ever be able to have a homemade cookie? No, it's not. Homemade cookies will be available to me many, many times, so this is not some special, one-of-a-kind event." Then I kept reminding myself that junk food is everywhere, every day to tempt me, and it's never going away. I can no longer keep telling myself, "Oh, I'll just indulge today and get back on track tomorrow. If I do, tomorrow is never going to come. Temptation will always be there, and I have to learn how to deal with it.
  • bonnieneedshelp1
    Options
    I know this may sound odd, but I would keep a small toothpaste, floss, and brush in my purse. I especially use it to stop my after 8 cravings. When you start to crave... Run to the bathroom and clean your teeth. It helps a lot. I don't know it it will work for you, but I hate putting food on my just cleaned teeth. Oh, and the taste of toothpaste helps deter you.
  • kristen6350
    kristen6350 Posts: 1,094 Member
    Options
    Just don't eat them. Don't go near them. I work in a section that SOMEONE EVERYDAY brings in some kinda of baked good into the office. I haven't eaten anything provided (or at all) since Dec. 9th 2014. For me, desserts aren't a moderation thing. If I start, I won't stop.
  • Lizzy622
    Lizzy622 Posts: 3,705 Member
    Options
    I always ask myself "Is it worth the calories?" I have taken one bite of dessert and decided it was not and stopped. Is that cookie your all time favorite or just another cookie?
  • deannaaaaaaaaa
    Options
    i also keep toothbrush and toothpaste in my purse! I'll be sure to do that today, thanks!