Body for life, any takers? Let's start!

Options
fddee
fddee Posts: 24 Member
I started the new BillPhilips Back To Fit program on bodybuilding.com yesterday. It is the Body for life program reboot and is a FREE 12 week trainer. Anybody have experience with this or want to join me?

Replies

• motherwesser
    motherwesser Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    I am on week 3 of a very "same thing" 12 week program that culminates in an amateur body building show held and monitored through my gym. I'm glad to share and encourage.
  • Didaniel
    Didaniel Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    featherdee - I'm in week 8 of the Back to Fit program on bodybuilding.com. Let me know if you have questions that I might can answer for you. I wasn't sure if this would work for me - I'm post-menopausal and have had difficulty losing weight since. I did BFL 15 years ago which worked really well for me at 40. So far I'm losing weight and getting stronger with BTF. Good luck!
  • fddee
    Options
    HI! That is the program I am doing! I am on day 5. I am so glad to hear you are seeing results, I am skeptical because of the lack of cardio and I am nervous about doing the lifting correctly. Also, I am trying to adjust the diet since I don't eat meat. (i am keeping a food diary on MFP). I am SO glad to have someone to follow who is already on this program. Do you stick to the workout plan exactly? I am already finding I have to make adjustments in the gym since the machines I need are not near the weights.
  • rainbowbow
    rainbowbow Posts: 7,490 Member
    Options
    My mom did the body for life program and had GREAT results. She and I have very similar frames and she looked 20 years younger. I do not usually say anything positive about the programs of this nature, but it seriously worked for her. I also have tried a few recipes from the food for life book and they were tasty. ;)

Best of luck to you all!
  • Wheelhouse15
    Wheelhouse15 Posts: 5,575 Member
    Options
    I remember when Bill Phillips used to do the 12 week challenge as part of a MetRx contest and there was no fitness plan or meal plan it was just everyone using their own knowledge of diet and fitness. That's how I lost my first 36 pounds starting June 1 last year.

I have his book and although I didn't use it, I think it's a solid plan but you really have to work hard and be prepared for the fact that the scale isn't going to go down consistently unless you are really lucky. I tended to stall a few days then lose 2 or 3 pounds all at once but that's just the way it goes.

The important thing is to continue afterwards and keep going. I tend to still look at everything from as a 90 day block and plan what I want to do for each block. First block was fast loss, followed by a slowing to maintenance. Now a bulking block.
  • fddee
    Options
    Hey Wheelhouse, Thanks for posting. What do you mean by," I think it's a solid plan but you really have to work hard and be prepared for the fact that the scale isn't going to go down consistently unless you are really lucky."? i am desperate to change my body and lose weight but dont want to waste 12 weeks for no results.
    Thanks!